Norway killer Anders Breivik

This is a discussion on Norway killer Anders Breivik within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It is hard to believe that the court in Norway gave this confessed mass killer of 77 people a 10 to 21 year sentance. That ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Norway killer Anders Breivik

It is hard to believe that the court in Norway gave this confessed mass killer of 77 people a 10 to 21 year sentance. That is only one year for every 7 people that he killed! The court ruled Breivik sane but I now have to wonder about the sanity of the Norweigan court system.

It's like that all over Europe. Most have a 15, 20, or 25-year cap on sentence length regardless of the crime. With crime rates so low they can get away with it. With our crime rates we need swift, public executions.
    mano3 likes this.

So the moral is, I don't like someone I take them to Norway and off them, then I'm a free man in 2-3 months.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I say that makes Norway accessory to the crime.

A slap on the hand for murder? Outrageous.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    It's like that all over Europe. Most have a 15, 20, or 25-year cap on sentence length regardless of the crime. With crime rates so low they can get away with it. With our crime rates we need swift, public executions.
    "With crime rates so low", then perhaps we're the ones who are doing something wrong?

Yes, I saw this on the news this morning. I had to replay it a second time on my DVR, as I just could not believe what I was hearing. We've got folks in this country serving more time than that for stealing a slice of pizza!
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by nhcruffler View Post
    It is hard to believe that the court in Norway gave this confessed mass killer of 77 people a 10 to 21 year sentance.
    That's the maximum allowed under Norwegian law.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

It's not only the length of the sentence,but IIRC he gets his own little part of the prison and plenty of great stuff to help rehabilitate him so he can be released in a few years and told now don't do that again you were a very bad boy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    Hey he doesn't get an internet connection

The recidivism rate for prisoners in Norway is around 20 percent. Meanwhile, it’s estimated that 67 percent of America’s prisoners are re-arrested and 52 percent are re-incarcerated. They must be doing something right
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

We have the highest rate of incarcerated folks per capita of any country in the world.
    There's still crime.
    What are we doing wrong?

Should we kill 'em all? doubt it... they don't kill any... and yet they got less in prison... and less crime all round...

But don't forget, Norway is the size of Colorado (land size and population very similar). And just one of their nuts kills more than twice as many people as 3 of Colorado's nuts... (Breivik Vs. Columbine and Aurora)
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Comparing crime rates between Norway and the US is the epitome of an apples-to-oranges comparison. More like apples to porcupines.

Norway has a population density less than half that of the United States. Its largest city (Oslo, pop. 500,000) would barely make the top 30 list in the US. If you looked at the aggregate crime rates of the US after removing all the cities larger than Oslo, then you'd perhaps have a valid comparison - except we'd have a lot more guns.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Hey he doesn't get an internet connection

The recidivism rate for prisoners in Norway is around 20 percent. Meanwhile, it’s estimated that 67 percent of America’s prisoners are re-arrested and 52 percent are re-incarcerated. They must be doing something right
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    We have the highest rate of incarcerated folks per capita of any country in the world.
    There's still crime.
    What are we doing wrong?

Should we kill 'em all? doubt it... they don't kill any... and yet they got less in prison... and less crime all round...

But don't forget, Norway is the size of Colorado (land size and population very similar). And just one of their nuts kills more than twice as many people as 3 of Colorado's nuts... (Breivik Vs. Columbine and Aurora)
    But if you kill them all the recidivism rate would be......? And the 52% reincarceration accounts for what percent of our current population? If we execute drunk drivers and substance abusers and kids stealing snickers bars we would reduce our prison populations to a small fraction of what they are today.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    I'm speechless...

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Comparing crime rates between Norway and the US is the epitome of an apples-to-oranges comparison. More like apples to porcupines.

Norway has a population density less than half that of the United States. Its largest city (Oslo, pop. 500,000) would barely make the top 30 list in the US. If you looked at the aggregate crime rates of the US after removing all the cities larger than Oslo, then you'd perhaps have a valid comparison - except we'd have a lot more guns.
    Didn't really compare Norway to the US.... compared Norway to Colorado... same population and land size give or take...

And your last line says it all to the antis... "except we'd have a lot more guns." So you see... guns are the problem... if we didn't have 'em in Colorado, Colorado would be just like Norway.... (of course there would be more dead from one mad man than from three) but there'd be a lower frequency of gun crime... if there weren't such easy access. {/sarcasm}
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    But if you kill them all the recidivism rate would be......? And the 52% reincarceration accounts for what percent of our current population? If we execute drunk drivers and substance abusers and kids stealing snickers bars we would reduce our prison populations to a small fraction of what they are today.
    Yeah, and if our women wore burkas... And we lived under Sharia law... there would be no crime at all... well, except for the enforcer's. {/sarcasm}

You really wanna kill snicker thieves... don't wanna just... say.... cut off their right hand or something?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links