Several people shot outside Empire State Building - Page 2

Several people shot outside Empire State Building

This is a discussion on Several people shot outside Empire State Building within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty Actually they are now saying several of the wounded may have been hit by LEO bullets,I'm not surprised given the amount ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Several people shot outside Empire State Building

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Actually they are now saying several of the wounded may have been hit by LEO bullets,I'm not surprised given the amount of rounds usually fired by NY's finest and the amount of misses.I guarantee you that if one of us ever fires in SD and hits an innocent bystander we wouldn't get a pass
    The two officers fired a total of 14 rounds, he said. Mayor Michael Bloomberg said some of the nine wounded may have been shot by police in the mayhem.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Got this in my daily news emails this morning. I'm telling you folks.......all of these ordeals happen during an election year. It's either the full moon rising......or the tensions of the middle east, or sleeper cells that the CIA has trained but haven't found yet. I'll never figure it out, but I'm sure there are statistics that prove this to be the case. Election years are bad for the 2A historically. The nut jobs out there? Not sure what sets them off. This is why we carry by the way. Make sure your overpaid and over-indulged senators and congressmen listen to you this year (or is it next year since they only work [four letter word here] eight months out of the year). Had my fill of the local psychos taking out innocents and bringing down the entire country at the same time. This is why we carry. Hopefully....somebody will step up and take them down before more damage is done. This is why we carry.
    Ionracas, msgt/ret and baren like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Got this in my daily news emails this morning. I'm telling you folks.......all of these ordeals happen during an election year. It's either the full moon rising......or the tensions of the middle east, or sleeper cells that the CIA has trained but haven't found yet. I'll never figure it out, but I'm sure there are statistics that prove this to be the case. Election years are bad for the 2A historically. The nut jobs out there? Not sure what sets them off. This is why we carry by the way. Make sure your overpaid and over-indulged senators and congressmen listen to you this year (or is it next year since they only work [four letter word here] eight months out of the year). Had my fill of the local psychos taking out innocents and bringing down the entire country at the same time. This is why we carry. Hopefully....somebody will step up and take them down before more damage is done. This is why we carry.
    Very well said

But think how many more victims may have been saved because the police shot innocent bystanders.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    This reminded me of a part of the Count of Monte Cristo where the Count and his guests are about to witness an execution of two prisoners in Rome, and one of them is pardoned, causing the other to go mad with rage and fury:

"look, for on my soul it is curious. Here is a man who had resigned himself to his fate, who was going to the scaffold to die - like a coward, it is true, but he was about to die without resistance. Do you know what gave him strength? - do you know what consoled him? It was, that another partook of his punishment - that another partook of his anguish - that another was to die before him. Lead two sheep to the butcher's, two oxen to the slaughterhouse, and make one of them understand that his companion will not die; the sheep will bleat for pleasure, the ox will bellow with joy. But man - man, whom God created in his own image - man, upon whom God has laid his first, his sole commandment, to love his neighbor - man, to whom God has given a voice to express his thoughts - what is his first cry when he hears his fellow-man is saved? A blasphemy."
    Nice. Oh, and you're a geek.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Nice. Oh, and you're a geek.
    It's a great book! Full of all kinds of manliness
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    . The nut jobs out there? Not sure what sets them off. .
    Politics?

And The Count of Monte Cristo...

I like his sandwich.

The report I read said all victims except for the initial former boss that was targeted by the Gunman were ALL shot by the Police.
    Talk about gun control. Witnesses's report the shooter aimed his firearm.
    The original shooter hit what he was shooting at, but the NY Cops can't hit their target without a lot of innocent people being struck by their bullets.
    Think it's time to take e firearms away from the Cops too! Give them clubs like the Bobbies!

But we know this can't happen there, because guns are illegal in NEW YORK!
    New York is a SAFE place to work and live because of the Gun Control.
    beararms, msgt/ret, baren and 1 others like this.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Walters take on NY City
    10thmtn likes this.

The Lady "Witness" that was interviewed said "They really need to do something about the gun laws in NYC"

<Sarcasm> Surely she isnt talking about making them stricter because that would have definitely stopped this</Sarcasm>

I also liked how the reporter was fishing with the witness when she asked if the pants he was wearing were "Army" pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    The report I read said all victims except for the initial former boss that was targeted by the Gunman were ALL shot by the Police.
    Talk about gun control. Witnesses's report the shooter aimed his firearm.
    The original shooter hit what he was shooting at, but the NY Cops can't hit their target without a lot of innocent people being struck by their bullets.
    Think it's time to take e firearms away from the Cops too! Give them clubs like the Bobbies!

But we know this can't happen there, because guns are illegal in NEW YORK!
    New York is a SAFE place to work and live because of the Gun Control.
    And I'm sure charges wont be brought against the officers either. This is really getting old.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    And I'm sure charges wont be brought against the officers either. This is really getting old.

Sent from my palm device
    There has to be some type of police force in our society. They are responsible for stopping things like this. If some random citizen starts shooting people, somebody has to go in there and stop him. It HAS to be done. Especially since no citizens can legally carry a firearm in NYC. And guess what, it's not a perfect world. Combat is hectic. I don't see how it's any different from getting in car accident. They play by different rules in this case.

Regular citizens don't put their lives on the line on a daily basis to protect society. If you knew there was a shooting two blocks away, would you get in your car and drive over there and run into the building?

If anything, the mayor and whoever else comes up with the budget should be brought up on charges.

I avoid cops like the plague and I believe they should face consequences for over stepping their bounds, but this is situation is tricky.

Mr. Bloomberg said his city was the safest in the nation because of his strict gun laws, what state is he going to blame now, and how can he justify himself and look at his N Y people and say that those people who might've gotten shot have no right to protect themselves in his safe city. Would he say That my police force will protect you,well evidently his police force needs to spend a lot more time at the shooting range, I think they said the police fired 14 shots I would be curious how many of those shots hit the bad guy, and how many of those shots went down the street to end up in a civilian, and the people of New York need to learn how to duck and cover much better since that is the only protection you are allowed to have in N Y , but yet Mr. Bloomberg has his own police protecting him all day long, why so if this city is so safe, he has his guns with him he just has the police carrying them for him for his own protection, so it kind of looks like do as I say not as I do

too many shooters (police) at empire state building

all 9 EmpireState bystanders shot by NYPD. Johnson had 8 bullets max. Shot 5 at Ercolino, 2 left in gun, 1 unfired on ground. Unconfirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    How did Bloomberg let this happen? I thought by supporting a no-gun policy for the city that he was going to protect everyone from this kind of violence. Guess not.
    Bloomy didn't. The state legislature did, over decades. They've concocted this odorous stew of citizen criminalization, which ignores the simple fact that criminals are laughing in their sleeves at how much simpler it is with a disarmed target population of victims.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links