Police: All Empire State shooting victims were wounded by officers. - Page 4

Police: All Empire State shooting victims were wounded by officers.

This is a discussion on Police: All Empire State shooting victims were wounded by officers. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by suntzu What is so interesting? You are obviously trying to make a point about something. Just come right out and say it. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Police: All Empire State shooting victims were wounded by officers.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What is so interesting? You are obviously trying to make a point about something. Just come right out and say it. Ya don't need to be afraid here LOL
    I dunno, man. It seems like whenever I just come right out and say it, my post disappears or I get a private message from a mod.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What is so interesting? You are obviously trying to make a point about something. Just come right out and say it. Ya don't need to be afraid here LOL
    No fear Just wondering why you would pose a question that you know the answer to.

And, I agree that stress does strange things to one's aim, no matter what sights they are useing. That was my point from the beginning.... Shot placement can't be relied on. A debate about lasers was not my intention.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Police incompetence IMO.

So all standard out of the box Glocks.............are Junk ?

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    No fear Just wondering why you would pose a question that you know the answer to.

And, I agree that stress does strange things to one's aim, no matter what sights they are useing. That was my point from the beginning.... Shot placement can't be relied on. A debate about lasers was not my intention.
    LOL. Okee Dokee. Thought you were disagreeing with me (wouldn't be the first time). My point was just in case it got lost in three posts was:
    1. In NY I prefer iron sights
    2. If using lasers then and some are on target and some are off you need to verify which is yours (by moving laser, turning it off, using your sights)
    3. I prefer iron sights 90 percent of the time

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    So all standard out of the box Glocks.............are Junk ?
    Only the ones issued to the NYPD.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

It was all lack of Training and Procedure............IMO.........Justifyable Shooting Exicuted Very badly.

The latest on this shooting is the original victim, Ercolino, was hit 5 times in the head, once (grazed) in the chest. The shooter Johnson had two rounds left in his .45 which apparently has an 8 round capacity. That would mean he never fired a round at the police. Johnson had nine gunshot wounds to the chest, three of those bullets being recovered, four passed through the chest. Two unaccounted for. Three bystanders were hit and the two policemen fired a total of sixteen shots. They hit Johnson with more than half their shots. In six seconds.

Empire State shooting victim hit 5 times in head - CNN.com

edit - the other six hit by the police was due to ricochets. The three were hit directly sounds like.
    Tayopo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azretired View Post
    Yes they can sue and probably should. You, even police officers, are responsible for every round that leaves your gun.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I'm sure they will.

As to the second part - sure doesn't seem like that's the case anymore.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Policemen don't have the same liability for the rounds they discharge that civilians do.

Never have, never will.

Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    The latest on this shooting is the original victim, Ercolino, was hit 5 times in the head, once (grazed) in the chest. The shooter Johnson had two rounds left in his .45 which apparently has an 8 round capacity. That would mean he never fired a round at the police. Johnson had nine gunshot wounds to the chest, three of those bullets being recovered, four passed through the chest. Two unaccounted for. Three bystanders were hit and the two policemen fired a total of sixteen shots. They hit Johnson with more than half their shots. In six seconds.

Empire State shooting victim hit 5 times in head - CNN.com
    Four passed through. I guess their duty round meets the FBI criteria for penetration!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Bloomberg said they were just small fragments off a flowerpot?

"We were just working here and we just heard bang, bang, bang!" said Mohammed Bachchu, a worker at a nearby souvenir shop.

He said he rushed from the building and saw seven people lying on the ground, covered in blood.Rebecca Fox said she saw people running down the street and initially thought it was a celebrity sighting, but then she saw a woman shot in the foot and a man dead on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    Bloomberg said they were just small fragments off a flowerpot?

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Michael_R_Bloomberg.jpg/220px-

"We were just working here and we just heard bang, bang, bang!" said Mohammed Bachchu, a worker at a nearby souvenir shop.

He said he rushed from the building and saw seven people lying on the ground, covered in blood.Rebecca Fox said she saw people running down the street and initially thought it was a celebrity sighting, but then she saw a woman shot in the foot and a man dead on the ground.
    Michael_R_Bloomberg.jpg[/IMG]

No more flowerpots in NYC, Bloomingidiotberg... fix it... you have the power...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

What if the bystanders had 24 oz slurpies, Or a Wendy's giant combo? They deserved a few slugs. Bloomberg is a great leader.

Now I am not advocating that police shoot everyone with a super large drink, but wounding a few might set a good example.

What is the term? Spray and Pray?
    Tayopo likes this.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links