Post Office (gun-free zone) was robbed.

This is a discussion on Post Office (gun-free zone) was robbed. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Who would have thought that possible (sarcasm off) The robber didn't get far though, here's the story. I'd say he's lucky to be alive. Title: ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tricolordad
  • 1 Post By GunGeezer

Thread: Post Office (gun-free zone) was robbed.

VIP Member

Post Office (gun-free zone) was robbed.

Who would have thought that possible (sarcasm off)

The robber didn't get far though, here's the story. I'd say he's lucky to be alive.

Title: CLOUTIERVILLE US POST OFFICE ROBBED; SUSPECT CAPTURED WITHIN 30 MINUTES IN RAPIDES PARISH
    Date: 08/24/2012

CLOUTIERVILLE, LA.

Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Deputies along with the assistance of the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office, and Louisiana State Police have arrested a Natchitoches man in connection with the robbery of the US Post Office in Cloutierville according to Natchitoches Parish Sheriff Victor Jones Jr.

According to NPSO Chief of Investigations Greg Dunn, the investigation began on Friday afternoon at approximately 2:41pm, when the Cloutierville Post Office Post Master contacted the NPSO 911 Center reporting that she had been robbed by a male subject of between $100-$200 US Currency.

Deputies responded to the scene, interviewing the victim and other possible witnesses obtaining a vehicle and suspect description.

That information was immediatedly relayed to the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office and Louisiana State Police, Troop E who issued a BOLO (Be on the Lookout) for the suspect vehicle.

At approximately 3:10pm, Rapides deputies intercepted the suspect vehicle just south of Boyce, La., it was turning off of I-49 onto La. Hwy 1200 .

Rapides Sheriff’s deputies pursued the suspect vehicle on La. Hwy 1200 near the Hot Wells Road, where the suspect rammed a sheriff’s unit, allegedly attempted to run over a Sheriff’s deputy and attempted to flee from the vehicle before being taken into custody.

Ricky Joseph Scott, 43 of the 100 block of Michelle Drive, Natchitoches, La. , has been booked into the Rapides Parish Detention Center on Rapides charges of Attempted Murder of a Law Enforcement Officer, Aggravated Flight from a Officer, Reckless Operation of a Vehicle, and Driving under Suspension.

Scott is facing 1-count of Armed Robbery in Natchitoches Parish and will be transferred to the Natchitoches Detention Center at a later date.

Deputies say the victim was shaken by the ordeal but uninjured.

Sheriff Victor Jones expresses his thanks to the Rapides Parish Sheriffs Office and Louisiana State Police Troop E for their immediate assistance in the apprehension of the suspect.

The investigation is continuing by the NPSO Criminal Investigation Division in conjuction with the US Postal Service Inspections Division.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Maybe the perp didnt see the sign banning guns
    ep1953 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Maybe the perp didnt see the sign banning guns
    The problem is, the bureaucrats who draft the laws, don't understand sarcasm any better than they understand human nature.
    ep1953 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Who would have thought that possible (sarcasm off)

The robber didn't get far though, here's the story. I'd say he's lucky to be alive.

Title: CLOUTIERVILLE US POST OFFICE ROBBED; SUSPECT CAPTURED WITHIN 30 MINUTES IN RAPIDES PARISH

CLOUTIERVILLE, LA.

Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Deputies along with the assistance of the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office, and Louisiana State Police have arrested a Natchitoches man in connection with the robbery of the US Post Office in Cloutierville according to Natchitoches Parish Sheriff Victor Jones Jr.

According to NPSO Chief of Investigations Greg Dunn, the investigation began on Friday afternoon at approximately 2:41pm, when the Cloutierville Post Office Post Master contacted the NPSO 911 Center reporting that she had been robbed by a male subject of between $100-$200 US Currency.

Deputies responded to the scene, interviewing the victim and other possible witnesses obtaining a vehicle and suspect description.

That information was immediatedly relayed to the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office and Louisiana State Police, Troop E who issued a BOLO (Be on the Lookout) for the suspect vehicle.

At approximately 3:10pm, Rapides deputies intercepted the suspect vehicle just south of Boyce, La., it was turning off of I-49 onto La. Hwy 1200 .

Rapides Sheriff’s deputies pursued the suspect vehicle on La. Hwy 1200 near the Hot Wells Road, where the suspect rammed a sheriff’s unit, allegedly attempted to run over a Sheriff’s deputy and attempted to flee from the vehicle before being taken into custody.

Ricky Joseph Scott, 43 of the 100 block of Michelle Drive, Natchitoches, La. , has been booked into the Rapides Parish Detention Center on Rapides charges of Attempted Murder of a Law Enforcement Officer, Aggravated Flight from a Officer, Reckless Operation of a Vehicle, and Driving under Suspension.

Scott is facing 1-count of Armed Robbery in Natchitoches Parish and will be transferred to the Natchitoches Detention Center at a later date.

Sheriff Victor Jones expresses his thanks to the Rapides Parish Sheriffs Office and Louisiana State Police Troop E for their immediate assistance in the apprehension of the suspect.

The investigation is continuing by the NPSO Criminal Investigation Division in conjuction with the US Postal Service Inspections Division.
    Gun? What gun? He wasn't charged with any weapons charges, no gun mentioned in your story... ???
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Gun? What gun? He wasn't charged with any weapons charges, no gun mentioned in your story... ???
    Threatening that he has a weapon whether the victim sees it or not is gonna get you armed robbery
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He was trying to get his face up on the wall. For what they're charging for stamps, they get you every time you walk in the place.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Is that a regular PO that he was at? I looked at street view on google maps and I do not see any building that would be a regular PO. Just curious if anyone know if this was a contract (correct word) PO where you could carry a firearm

VIP Member
    Cloutierville is a very small rural town, I haven't been thru there in a while, and I'm not sure of the status of their PO building. At one time it probably was inside a country store, I'm betting it's not now.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I am the Deputy that caught Ricky Scott. I spotted him just north of Boyce as he was traveling south. Speeds reached 114 mph. After he rammed my unit the first time I was able to exit my vehicle. The second time I was two feet away. As he was held at gun point. No I still dont know if he had a weapon. If he did, he was not going to have the chance to use it regardless. Suspect had two other arrest for armed robbery, and on probation. Wow. Yes he is lucky I did not shoot, even luck i did not deploy my dog.

CLOUTIERVILLE, LA.

The investigation is continuing by the NPSO Criminal Investigation Division in conjuction with the US Postal Service Inspections Division.[/QUOTE]

Links