UGLY BAD: Student shot at Perry Hall High School

This is a discussion on UGLY BAD: Student shot at Perry Hall High School within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Student shot at Perry Hall High School - baltimoresun.com NOT a good first day at school..............

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 2 Post By Paladin3840

Thread: UGLY BAD: Student shot at Perry Hall High School

UGLY BAD: Student shot at Perry Hall High School

Student shot at Perry Hall High School - baltimoresun.com

NOT a good first day at school...........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

A shotgun? Really? Wow... How do you get a shotty past everybody?

On a side note... perhaps if the young man (the shooter) had a better education... he would have known that schools were a gun free zone... and not been in such trouble... our education system is to blame here... Ban Schools...
    goldshellback likes this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

If it sounded like a bag of chips being opened I'm gonna bet that it was very likely a single shot .410 which had the barrel and stock sawed off which would make it very concealable,which if it was would take several seconds to reload.Sounds like it could be either gang related,or possibly the 15 year old was being bullied by the 17 year old and carried a grudge
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This sucks, again. Seems some are finally getting the message to fight back NOW. Hope the kid recovers quickly.

not another one
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Terrible thing. I hope that "kid" is tried as an adult
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Teachers: Let's roll

News article says the shooter was tackled and the gun wrestled away from him. Accolades to the teachers who had the courage to take action! Doing something usually beats doing nothing.
    goldshellback and RichB70 like this.

I teach, and it is sad to say but these things play in my mind always. Very scary and sad. Prayers for the victim.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

sgb
    A rabid puppy is just as dangerous as a rabid dog.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I wonder how big of a man this kid will be if tried and convicted as an adult...He's in for a rude awakening.

A school counselor he identified as Jesse Wasmer ran over and tackled the gunman, DiPaula said, as he and other students hit the floor and another teacher started yelling, "Get out of the building, get out of the building!"
    Good move Jesse ....
    I'm sure there are several students and parents, who are very glad for your actions. Kudo's and good job.

2nd round went off while wrestling "the gunman" , and kid shot was a "special ed student" .... wth.
    Is this a replay of the one that happened just a few years back involving someone shooting a special ed student.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links