good-Vancouver homeowner shoots and kills intruder

This is a discussion on good-Vancouver homeowner shoots and kills intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The family locked themselves in the bedroom and the husband armed himself with a handgun. Billings then burst through the locked bedroom door and the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: good-Vancouver homeowner shoots and kills intruder

The family locked themselves in the bedroom and the husband armed himself with a handgun. Billings then burst through the locked bedroom door and the homeowner fired his gun twice while on the phone with police, Allais said
    Christopher Billings of Kansas City, Missouri breaks into a house Vancouver, Wash. seems like he was a long way from home; should have stayed there.

Vancouver homeowner shoots and kills intruder | kgw.com Portland

Authorities said the family dog barked and alerted the homeowners that an intruder was in their house.
    Good Dog !!!

From the comments below the story:
    Christian Taylor Billings

That was my dad. I just learned about his death today, and thought I would google what happened to get a better picture. This is not only a story on how a man broke into a house and was shot and killed, but also a story on how drugs can twist a person and make them do crazy things. My dad wasn't a bad guy, he was very caring, but had a bad problem. I wish I could blame the owner for this, or the police, but I can't. I wish I knew more of why he was there or what he was doing, but I may never know that. I just want all of you to know that he was a good guy, he had a caring family, and chose a hard rode in life. He made mistakes like everyone else, but at a more sever level. So all of you people who say "I praise you for killing someone", how would you feel if that was your loved one being killed? It's not something to be praised but a situation that should be mourned.
    I prey for this guy's son, he love his father, but those hard choices the intruder made in life left the homeowner with no choice. Good shoot.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Good Dog !!!

From the comments below the story:

I prey for this guy's son, he love his father, but those hard choices the intruder made in life left the homeowner with no choice. Good shoot.

I feel for the kid but his dad made a choice to break in to the home. Makes me wonder if this kid would have felt better if his dad killed the homeowner instead? HIS dad had the problem not the homeowner or his family

where in the son's comment did the kid hint to the homeowner having a problem or it not being his dad's fault?

I hope to be able to do what this guy did if somebody ever breaks in... grab my son, hide in a room, and keep my gun pointed at the door. good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine181 View Post
    where in the son's comment did the kid hint to the homeowner having a problem or it not being his dad's fault?

I hope to be able to do what this guy did if somebody ever breaks in... grab my son, hide in a room, and keep my gun pointed at the door. good stuff.

he is doing what all of them do... he was a good boy, my dad was a caring loving person, he didn't mean to do it... bla, bla ,bla... it gets old after a while. The kid is humanizing his dad and what a great man he was. I speak from experience; I have had three friends that went down that road and made a comeback and are doing fine now. Good people don't break into houses, bad ones do and in this case his drug problem was resolved

I do have compassion for the SON, but not the father, sorry. The father made his choice, and that was to break into someone's home. I don't celebrate a loss of life. I would've done the same as the homeowner. I have a wife and a daughter here, and I don't mind doing drywall work if I have to use my shotty...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    he is doing what all of them do... he was a good boy, my dad was a caring loving person, he didn't mean to do it... bla, bla ,bla... it gets old after a while. The kid is humanizing his dad and what a great man he was. I speak from experience; I have had three friends that went down that road and made a comeback and are doing fine now. Good people don't break into houses, bad ones do and in this case his drug problem was resolved
    He was humanizing him because he was, you know, human. Bad guys aren't always movie villain evil-to-the-core bad guys. It was a good shoot (based on the info I have) and I would have done the same thing, but it was still a person that somebody loved.

Sheesh, why are men such jerks?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The dad was a bad guy and now he is a dead bad guy. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    The dad was a bad guy and now he is a dead bad guy. That is all.
    In a simplistic world, yes, that's all. We live, we die... does that sum up your life?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

26 years military and counting. Two well behaved kids. Married to my first wife. Volunteer soccer coach. Volunteer to feed homeless. Volunteer at battered women's shelter. Volunteer at kid's schools. That is my life. In other words, good guy. Drug user turned home invader now dead = dead bad guy
    CaptSmith and tricolordad like this.

Sheesh, why are men such jerks?
    this jerk has had my trucks broke into 4 different times steeling one of them, my house robbed twice not including them steeling my lawn mower right out of my garage in broad daylight, my brother stabbed and left for dead in one of two hold up at my dad’s garage so excuse me for not feeling his pain....... now he can feel some of mine

this jerk has had my trucks broke into 4 different times steeling one of them, my house robbed twice not including them steeling my lawn mower right out of my garage in broad daylight, my brother stabbed and left for dead in one of two hold up at my dad’s garage so excuse me for not feeling his pain....... now he can feel some of mine.

It was clearly a reference to that "Why are men such jerks" post, no need to go all Fokker on me. It was a good shoot, the guy is dead, but somebody still loved him and for at least that one person it's still a tragedy.

By the way, does this guy's death take away any of your pain?
    Clint Eastwood

By the way, does this guy's death take away any of your pain?
    it doesn't but understand why others don't feel for him over a loss; his dad might have caused pain on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    That kid wasn't saying that...... He wasn't blameing the homeowner for killing his daddy. He was humanizing though. I'd shot the guy too, he had it comming.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

it is natural to not care when a bad guy is justifiably killed. Even more so when one has history of dealing with bad guys.

That said, just because the bad guy was a human being does not mean he deserves to be remembered for only the good things in his/her life.
    goldshellback likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links