LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest - Page 2

LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest

This is a discussion on LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some on other forums are saying that not only she was uncooperative, loud and vulgar, but she was also spitting in the officer's faces....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest

Some on other forums are saying that not only she was uncooperative, loud and vulgar, but she was also spitting in the officer's faces.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Some on other forums are saying that not only she was uncooperative, loud and vulgar, but she was also spitting in the officer's faces.

What other forums would that be? Links please.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I thought that might be the case. Looking at the bad video leaves a lot to the imagination and very little certain. They want her down, probably to cuff her. We don't know why, and she sure resists. When they have her against the car, it appears to me that the officer on the left is knocked back before she goes down, possibly by being kicked, stomped or butt-checked. IN light of the bad press, they better have some audio feed from the radios to support them. The sooner its released the better.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

No matter what she did, there was no justification for their act. they are supposed to be professinal law inforcement officers.
    G. Gordon Liddy would have a field day with this. He would have called them jack booted thugs.
    They (lapd) could have placed a spit shield over her head, If she was spitting.
    david
    Sig35seven likes this.

from the people that brought you the Rodney king experience
    Sig 210 and OldVet like this.

Yikes that was hard to watch. She got slammed face first on the pavement. Imagine that being your wife/girlfriend/daughter. Of course I support police but its easy to see why the growing trend of distrust and contempt for law enforcement these days.
    Sig35seven likes this.

Hard to imagine just how that girl posed a violence threat to two male LAPD cops. Even if she got lippy, there was no call to face-plant her like that.

Those two goons must be real proud of themselves for taking out a handcuffed girl. I expect the good people of Los Angeles are going to pay a lot for this fiasco.

The two cops need to be fired and become defendants in a civil action.
    Sig35seven likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I tend to give cops the benefit of the doubt until proven different. The left hand cop's butt comes back fast and far, as if she made him jump somehow, maybe a crotch kick or shin stomp before she goes down to the left. The movement just does not look like the natural way to fling her, I would expect his shoulder to move first if it was an intentional act. I may be wrong, but it is usually a case of good cops getting blamed for the actions of someone who needs an attitude adjustment.
    OD* likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Definitely excessive FORCE,,,, they must have not known about the camera,,,, or surely
    they would NOT HAVE BUMPED FISTS ,,,, as though they had beat some big bag guy,,,,
    just a small lady,,,,, but sorry to say more incidents are occurring like this Now.

These guys put her DOWN HARD,,, AFTER GETTING HER UNDER CONTROL,,,, NO EXCUSE
    FOR THE EXTRA PUT DOWN.

The LAPD leadership has never cleaned out the trash in their ranks. More fine work by the LAPD:

Forceful arrests inflame sentiment toward LAPD - Yahoo! News

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    You'd think with LAPD's track record they'd be responding on tippytoes. For some reason they just don't get it.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

No need to cop bash here, there actions speak for themselves.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

OD*
    Doesn't look good at first glance, but think I'll reserve judgement until all the facts are in.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

She was pulled over for talking on her cell phone. Clearly not handled well.

The Police talk on their radios and cell phones unrestricted. Are they trained to be safer drivers while talking on the radio/phone? Why are they exempt from the law? Here in Florida there was a recent crack down on officers speeding. It appears to me that many of them seem to think the laws don't apply to them. I don't get the double standard.

"Investigation found nearly 800 cops from 12 Florida agencies drove between 90 and 130 miles per hour on state highways."

Sig 210 likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I may be wrong, but it is usually a case of good cops getting blamed for the actions of someone who needs an attitude adjustment.
    Sounds like a job description to me: Protect, serve and give out Attitude Adjustments. Great!!! I worked with troubled teens for several years, and I had spit to the face, plenty of attitude, cracked ribs, and a cracked cheek bone, and you know how many kids I injured---ZERO. I took plenty of kids to the floor with Safe Physical Management techniques and never injured one. I believe in this case it's the cops who need an attitude adjustment.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links