LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest

This is a discussion on LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; She got rough treatment for talking on a cell phone.After they throw her on the ground AFTER she was handcuffed watch how they fist pump ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest

LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest

She got rough treatment for talking on a cell phone.After they throw her on the ground AFTER she was handcuffed watch how they fist pump each other.

LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest - Yahoo! News

"Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

2. Remove Ads

If the facts bear out I hope they lose their jobs.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    If the facts bear out I hope they lose their jobs.
    Concur.

'Not sure how long this thread will last, but here are a few thoughts:

* For those who hate lawyers, this may be an example of how we would have roughshod run over us without them.

* For those who hate public cameras, they are a double-edged sword that swing both ways. Like firearms, it's all in how they are used.

I'm feeling very open-minded today.
    OD*, Spirit51, beararms and 4 others like this.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Concur.

'Not sure how long this thread will last ......
    Not long, it's too adult.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

WOW, Is all I can say.
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Senior Moderator
    Wow, that does seem like a large over reaction. I can see her being detained when she gets out of the car, even handcuffed. But she doesn't appear to be resiting to the degree that she needs to be taken down like she was, especially the second time when she was cuffed.

Of course this is the LAPD
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    This thread is fine just follow rule 9a

9a. Bashing Law Enforcement Officers.
    This has never passed muster here, and never will. The specific DC forum that includes law enforcement in it's focus is not meant to be a place to jump up on a self-righteous pulpit and start ripping law enforcement apart. You will find our tolerance to these kinds of posts to be at an end. "Broad brush" anti law enforcement commentary is prohibited, we encourage you to take it somewhere else.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    * For those who hate lawyers, this may be an example of how we would have roughshod run over us without them.
    Yep, everybody hates lawyers, until they need one.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

If the facts are what the video seems to show....these two should not only "pay" by losing their jobs, but also face criminal charges and civil court.

There are too many good and decent officers in Law Enforcement to have their reputations tainted by ones like these two, if this is true.

Many people will focus on the "bad apples" and not look past them to see the many "good guys".
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Yep, everybody hates lawyers, until they need one.
    I have needed one twice in the past and it just made me dislike them more. There are very few I respect. The United States is home to 5% of the world's population, but home to 66% of the entire world's lawyers. Too many.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I have needed one twice in the past and it just made me dislike them more. There are very few I respect. The United States is home to 66% of the entire world's lawyers. Too many.
    They are like your spouse. You're lucky if you ever find "the one", and then you stick with them.

Fortunately (or not), my business requires frequent legal assistance.
    Rock and Glock and Spirit51 like this.

Senior Moderator
    If the woman got out of her car and refused to get back in they have the right to detain her, but I would have used pepper spray before I took her to the ground.

Does anyone know LAPD's SOP for pepper spray?

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Seems the Dept top , is handling it appropriately at this point.... let's hope they continue down that path. This was uncalled for and stupid, and they may pay for it with an end to their careers.
    The demotion of the one comannder, sends the proper message to everyone in the Dept.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

It does appear to be a couple of 'bad apples', and every occupation has them...looks like these rotten cores are about to be put into the rubbish.
    I wonder what kind of new house this nurse is going to buy?
    Spirit51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    My concern is that one of them is a 22 year veteran of the LAPD. If so how much has he done that he has gotten away with? The 10 month probationary officer needs a better feild training officer to teach him the right way to deal with people and how to recognize situations that don't require King Kong tactics. Sadly both will either be fired, the veteran allowed to retire and the probationer fired, or both will be slapped on the back and essentially told to watch out for the cameras. Don't get me wrong, I am a Police Officer and if I did something like this while a subject is in handcuffs that would be it for me. Some officers do the rest of us a dishonorable disservice. To those fellow officers who take our positions seriously and do so courteously "Thank you for strengthening the thin blue line".
    Spirit51 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links