Good: Armed citizen stops stabbing outside school

This is a discussion on Good: Armed citizen stops stabbing outside school within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In Colorado, 18-1-704 Use Of Physical Force In Defense Of A Person Deadly physical force may be used only if a person reasonably believes a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Good: Armed citizen stops stabbing outside school

In Colorado,
    18-1-704 Use Of Physical Force In Defense Of A Person

Deadly physical force may be used only if a person reasonably believes a lesser degree of force isinadequate and:

(a.) The actor has reasonable ground to believe, and does believe, that he or another person is inimminent danger of being killed or of receiving great bodily injury; or (b.) The other person is using or reasonably appears about to use physical force against an
    occupant of a dwelling or business establishment while committing or attempting to commit
    burglary as defined in sections 18-4-202 to 18-4-204; or
    (c.) The other person is committing or reasonably appears about to commit kidnapping as defined
    in section 18-3-301 or 18-3-302, robbery as defined in section 18-4-301 or 18-4-302, sexual
    assault as set forth in section 18-3-402 or 18-3-403 as it existed prior to July 1, 2000, or assault as
    defined in sections 18-3-202 or 18-3-203.

I.E Being stabbed.

Its right there in black and white.
    Last edited by Bikemobile; September 1st, 2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Added to
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

2. Remove Ads

Its the "in their shoes" reasoning. If you were in the victims shoes would you shoot? Then your allowed to shoot. Atleast here in fl.

Quote Originally Posted by pocketgroove View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't scroll down the page a bit more. It's discussed here.

GOOD: Texas CHL holder saves stabbing victim's life

I'm also surprised at how many of you armed citizens here would let a woman be stabbed to death infront of your very eyes and do nothing about it other than be "a good witness". Apparently, you ******* don't have sisters, mothers, or wives. Say what you will about the legal ramifications, but if I see a guy stabbing a woman in the neck, I'm gonna kick his #$^&ing ass.
    To each their own... and you might sing a different tune when she (yes she, the victim of the stabbing) sues you...

That said, I wouldn't kick his butt... but I surely wouldn't hesitate to hold him for LEO at gun point...

In domestic disputes... it wouldn't surprise me if she ( yes she, the victim of the stabbing, again) put up the bond.... And then, where's that chivalry leave you?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links