The Empire State shooting: I can't believe I agree with Bloomberg

This is a discussion on The Empire State shooting: I can't believe I agree with Bloomberg within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Didn't see this in the other ESB threads, an interesting comment from Bloomberg. According to the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, in response to a reporter’s ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Empire State shooting: I can't believe I agree with Bloomberg

Distinguished Member

Didn't see this in the other ESB threads, an interesting comment from Bloomberg.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, in response to a reporter’s question about the police officers’ actions, said, “Let me ask you this, Miss, ‘Somebody pointed a gun at you, and you had a gun in your pocket, what would you do?”

The mayor’s curt reply silenced the scribe. He then added, “I think that answers the question.”

Discuss...
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    Rhetorical question.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

That answer kind of plays against what Bloomberg stands for.I wonder if it had not been a police officer behind the guns if his answer would have been the same?
    Would he have answerd the question at all?
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Did the 9 bystanders point guns at the police?

That reporter should have replied, "What I would have done is gotten arrested for having that gun in my pocket due to your strict anti self-defense laws Mr. Mayor!"

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    That reporter should have replied, "What I would have done is gotten arrested for having that gun in my pocket due to your strict anti self-defense laws Mr. Mayor!"
    I'd love to see THAT on CNN or MSNBC.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post

^That there is^^^^^^^^^

A hoot!!!!

It would appear Mikey is starting to sound a bit more like an NRA member than he would have ever thought.

I agree with CIBMIKE inpost #3. Bloomberg would have not said anything.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

To analyze his answer we need to first check to see what the polls said just prior to his comment.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Why do I think Bloomberg, would blow up the whole room in order to get rid of a pesky gnat .... but fail to allow anyone else to own a fly swatter.
    CIBMike and Ionracas like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Yea...I guess the cops should have let the guy continue walking down the street waving the gun around.
    By the way, 6 of the 9 were hit with fragments.
    Shooting at an armed moving target on a busy sidewalk while you are also moving isn't like shooting at pie plates. I'm fairly certain these 2 cops were pumped on adrenaline, had tunnel vision, etc.etc. I'm giving them a pass on this one.....
    CIBMike likes this.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Hmmm, in light of the Empire State building shooting Mayor Bloomberg should take his gun control all the way. He can go the route of England and disarm the "beat" cops. You go Mayor
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    I'm fairly certain these 2 cops were pumped on adrenaline, had tunnel vision, etc.etc. I'm giving them a pass on this one.....
    - I'm going out on a limb, but 12lb. trigger pulls certainly didn't help.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

2 dead, 9 wounded in Empire State Building shootings, police say

August 24, 2012|By David Ariosto, CNN

A disgruntled former apparel designer was killed Friday morning in a hail of police gunfire in front of the Empire State Building after he shot and killed a co-worker and engaged in a gunbattle with two officers, authorities said.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    A better question would be,why in the world were those people hanging around in the general vicinity where 5 shots have been fired in a murder before the police even arrived.Anyone that wasn't in the fight that had half a brain would have left the area or at least gone to cover.
    The easy way is always mined.

Of course you got to KNOW ,,,,, legally you can not have a gun in YOUR pocket
    in NYC,,,,, another STUPID REMARK FROM BLOOMINGIDIOT,,,, I MEAN BLOOMBERG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links