BREAKING NEWS: Report: Several dead, including gunman, in NJ supermarket shooting

This is a discussion on BREAKING NEWS: Report: Several dead, including gunman, in NJ supermarket shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Please don't prejudge soldiers coming home. Soldiers are no different than anyone else, honestly they are less likely to be involved in gun related crime ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Report: Several dead, including gunman, in NJ supermarket shooting

Please don't prejudge soldiers coming home. Soldiers are no different than anyone else, honestly they are less likely to be involved in gun related crime than anyone else. Yes some do come home with mental issues and most of them seek help and most are fine. I am a veteran and have many many friends all over America. Alot of them have mental issues but they are not violent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    beararms and bigdogtx like this.

2. Remove Ads

According to the article he wasnt deployed. Served his two years at TwentyNine Palms.

If I had to spend two years at 29 Palms...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiphted View Post
    Please don't prejudge soldiers coming home. Soldiers are no different than anyone else, honestly they are less likely to be involved in gun related crime than anyone else. Yes some do come home with mental issues and most of them seek help and most are fine. I am a veteran and have many many friends all over America. Alot of them have mental issues but they are not violent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I seriously doubt anybody is pre judging any Vets,Some return home without too much emotional baggage,while others come home with a lot of guilt thinking about all their buddies that weren't so lucky.
    If this was some kind of "love triangle" emotional pain can be tough to deal with,I'll take physical pain any day of the week,but if you fall for somebody and they don't have the same feelings it can hurt like hell,then on top of that seeing them all lovey dovey with somebody else can push somebody to react in a violent manor.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He tweeted in 09 wondering if it was normal to want to kill all of your coworkers.Old Bridge Shooter Tweets Violence in ’09 [VIDEO]

Quote Originally Posted by Rbloodhound View Post
    He tweeted in 09 wondering if it was normal to want to kill all of your coworkers.Old Bridge Shooter Tweets Violence in ’09 [VIDEO]
    With that I think we can rule out the solider thing....love triangle thing....or other things. This guy just sounds like a sick puppy thing. With the size of our population...we can just expect some of these. It is sad, but just another fact of life. Look at the sicko from Norway.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I'm kind of getting tired of having to hear news reports of all these shootings.
    "All these" shootings? A far greater number happen in Chicago on an average day, yet we hear practically nothing of those.

I'd really, really like to know why we're seeing so many of these all of a sudden.
    Sensationalist news sells. Though, the daily Chicago deaths hardly merit a raised eyebrow anymore, let alone more than a snippet on the 4th page of the newspaper's metro section.

It's also an election year, which may be a factor.

Statistically, I'll bet that when 2012 numbers come out it'll be little more than a blip, and likely show no trending.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    With soldiers coming back from a war you are going to see more of this type of thing. Some are action junkies and others that feel trapped with no way out will resort to the only way they know how to vent
    Anything to support this assertion? Because I'm not buying it. How big of a brush are you holding?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Local paper says that a female co-worker regarded him as weird and giving threatening looks. You can buy semi-auto rifles in NJ with a firearm owners ID card, which requires a FBI check and mental health records check to get. Purchase of handguns requires local police chief approval and another background check. Apparently, this guy just never triggered any alarms. There are already calls for stricter "gun controls" in NJ. Other than having each applicant for a permit interviewed by a shrink (and most of the shrinks I've known are wackier than the average person), I don't know how these could be prevented. It's unrealistic to think that if any of the kids in the store or the manager had been armed, they could have prevented this. Maybe if they'd locked the doors while working overnight. We're going to see "2016" tonight. If I could carry in NJ (as I can in 37 other states), I would.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links