DUI "No refusal" this weekend...

This is a discussion on DUI "No refusal" this weekend... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy I didn't see any mention of DHS. Did I miss something? Found here... Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Announces Results ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: DUI "No refusal" this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I didn't see any mention of DHS. Did I miss something?
    Found here...

Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Announces Results of "No Refusal" DUI Enforcement Campaign | TN.gov Newsroom

Note the .gov
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

2. Remove Ads

Nowhere does it day DHS was involved. From your link:
    The campaign was a coordinated effort by the Tennessee Highway Patrol, the Governor’s Highway Safety Office (GHSO), local district attorneys, and various local and state law enforcement agencies.
    Homeland Security seems to be mentioned only becasue they are part of the same department:
    The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security’s (Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security) mission is to ensure the safety and general welfare of the public. The department encompasses the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Office of Homeland Security and Driver License Services. General areas of responsibility include law enforcement, safety education, motorist services and terrorism prevention.
    That is like doing a report on the army operation and mentioning DOD and having that imply that the Navy was involved. Just saying.

Ahh... toe may toe, toe mah toe...

I was just trying to be humorous to a certain degreee, not scholarly accurate...

But, your point is duly noted.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Driving is a privilege not a right. I don't agree with stepping on the 4th. JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Driving is a privilege not a right. I don't agree with stepping on the 4th. JMO ; )
    H/D
    Its only a privilege because the Federal Government in their wisdom proclaimed it so. Right up until they did that it was a right.

Michael

I really hate Drunk Drivers,and down here there are more than enough to keep every LEO busy booking them in on a normal weekend,but trampling all over the 4th amendment is BS,2 wrongs don't make a right (bill of rights) lol
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links