DUI "No refusal" this weekend...

DUI "No refusal" this weekend...

This is a discussion on DUI "No refusal" this weekend... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "No refusal" DUI enforcement campaign starts Friday - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: DUI "No refusal" this weekend...

VIP Member
    Here in North Carolina they have already been running the revenue enhancement checkpoints for a few days.
    kerberos, suntzu, ArmyMan and 1 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Here in North Carolina they have already been running the revenue enhancement checkpoints for a few days.
    Yep...

Coming soon to a county near you!!!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

I think theyre doing something like that on the highway next to my place. Im glad too...i live across from a liquor store and theyre always bumping into each other in front of my driveway.

My question is why is Homeland Security involved in the violation of a state law ?

Quote Originally Posted by leecheater View Post
    My question is why is Homeland Security involved in the violation of a state law ?
    Terrorism's been slow lately.

The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security is taking a new approach to DUI patrols with a "No Refusal" campaign.

This means that people pulled over who are suspected of driving under the influence must take a blood test if asked to by the officer. Previously, a DUI driver could refuse to submit to the blood test. The "No Refusal" law passed this year changing that law.
    Hmmmm, interesting law. From implied consent to forced compliance. Don't get me wrong. I am against any kind of impaired driving. Its just that laws of this type make me nervous. Someone will always come up with a new novel way to apply them for other purposes.

Michael

Hmm...

Has anyone seen the 4th amendment laying around ???

The Tennessee Dept. of Safety and Homeland Security seems to have misplaced it somewhere...

If seen, please notify the proper elected officials by kicking them out of office this November.

Thanx.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

The only thing that makes sense to me, is a DNA data base?

What a novel tool to use solving crimes with DNA evidence left behind and cold case files.

One way or another, big brother is going to get your biometric information in the future.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    The only thing that makes sense to me, is a DNA data base?

What a novel tool to use solving crimes with DNA evidence left behind and cold case files.

One way or another, big brother is going to get your biometric information in the future.
    I just saw that in an X-Files re-run the other day. Funny how what seemed so absurd and horrific just a decade ago could be so close to normalcy.
    atctimmy likes this.

In Tipton County, traffic fatalities are up and officials hope this new law will bring those numbers back down.
    "Already in Tipton County, we've had 726 crashes and six fatalities and we want to do what we can to prevent this," added Tipton County Sheriff Pancho Chumley.
    I see LEO's/officials quoting numbers all the time....but seldom do they say if those numbers are alcohol related.

Officials say keeping drivers safe is their top priority
    Wrong answer. Their priority is obey the Constitution. If they see someone weaving or behaving erratically stop them. That is like saying we are going to go into everyone's house to see if it is a meth lab and claiming that their top priority is public safety.

This ain't all that good an idea me thinks.........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I see LEO's/officials quoting numbers all the time....but seldom do they say if those numbers are alcohol related.

Wrong answer. Their priority is obey the Constitution. If they see someone weaving or behaving erratically stop them. That is like saying we are going to go into everyone's house to see if it is a meth lab and claiming that their top priority is public safety.
    Thats next. There is vast support for this among folks who think it will only happen to the other guy.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Secret_Storm View Post
    I just saw that in an X-Files re-run the other day. Funny how what seemed so absurd and horrific just a decade ago could be so close to normalcy.
    Big Brother already has my DNA, Panorex, fingerprints, and more than their pound of flesh. I just try to keep my CCW Badge and Tinfoil Hat handy and pray all will be ok.

VIP Member
    I didn't see any mention of DHS. Did I miss something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links