My friends daughter shot at Empire state building

This is a discussion on My friends daughter shot at Empire state building within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I received a call yesterday that my best friends daughter was one of the two people shot at the Empire State building.(all others were hit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My friends daughter shot at Empire state building

I received a call yesterday that my best friends daughter was one of the two people shot at the Empire State building.(all others were hit by fragments) She was visiting from North Carolina and had just gotten off the subway and was walking by at the time of the shooting. She had the top of her femur shattered by the bullet. She had a plate put in and must remain still. If it doesn't begin to heal they will do a total hip replacement. She is in excellent physical condition and I believe she , at 31 , will heal without replacement. (she was a marathon runner)

I sent her Lawyer the article I saw posted here about the trigger pull being 12 pounds and the inaccuracies it can cause. (thanks to who ever it was that posted it)

Thanks for the info DC I believe it will make a difference!
    Eagleks likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Good luck to her...........hope she is felling better.....very unfortunate......also.........$$$$$$$$.

Wishing her a speedy recovery!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Wow that is insane, hope she can still run again.

Those gold dots are something else.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Extreemly tough and unforeseen......on vacation too! Hope she recovers quickly and that she's go-to-go after the leg heals up. Keep us updated on this from time to time if possible.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Glad you were able to provide the lawyer that information. Hope that lady heals quickly.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Praying for a full recovery

so I guess she wouldn’t be wanting an "I love NY" tee shirt ?
    I hate.jpg

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I hope she has a full recovery.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I sent her Lawyer the article I saw posted here about the trigger pull being 12 pounds and the inaccuracies it can cause. (thanks to who ever it was that posted it)
    That would be monumental if this incident resulted in more controllable triggers (and maybe better training) for the NYPD handguns.

Hope your friend's daughter gets the best possible medical care and recovers fully.
    joker1 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

OD*
    Very sorry to hear this, prayers for complete and speedy recovery.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Thats a tough injury to recover from. Had a buddy get his femur shattered when a filter blew apart on a propane line here at the refinery. He has a rod in it, it was a good one year plus before full recovery. One leg is now shorter than the other. He was the same age, and it really helped him recover being young. I wish her the best on her recovery.

What a horrible thing to happen. Please let her and her family know they are on my prayers. I hope for a full and speedy recovery and the strength and peace they are going to all need.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I received a call yesterday that my best friends daughter was one of the two people shot at the Empire State building.(all others were hit by fragments) She was visiting from North Carolina and had just gotten off the subway and was walking by at the time of the shooting. She had the top of her femur shattered by the bullet. She had a plate put in and must remain still. If it doesn't begin to heal they will do a total hip replacement. She is in excellent physical condition and I believe she , at 31 , will heal without replacement. (she was a marathon runner)

Thanks for the info DC I believe it will make a difference!
    Hope she recovers well without any long term effects. It's at least good that she wasn't killed and is alive to tell about it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links