gun at work!-Employee shoots suspect found in Everett business

This is a discussion on gun at work!-Employee shoots suspect found in Everett business within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; An employee arriving for work saw the suspect and the two exchanged words, said Officer Aaron Snell with the Everett Police Department. good for the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: gun at work!-Employee shoots suspect found in Everett business

gun at work!-Employee shoots suspect found in Everett business

An employee arriving for work saw the suspect and the two exchanged words, said Officer Aaron Snell with the Everett Police Department.
    good for the employee; bad for the BG.

NWCN.com Washington - Oregon - Idaho

different look
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/E...168053986.html

2. Remove Ads

So when does the collection for shooting lessons start???

I have conflicting ideas on this one. I am not condoning the BG at all. And I do not the laws for that state, but, the employee never seemed in danger. Sounds llike the BG was not assaulting the man to injure him but to escape.

Sorry guys, I have seen enough death. i ain't killing or shooting a burgler that is not displaying a weapon at me and is no threat me or anyone else. If he was armed and tried to escape that would be different becasue he is known to be a threat to people at that time. If he is just robbing something with no weapon and you thwarted his efforts I ain't killing him.

This does not mean I will try to keep him from robbing me...just i ain't shooting him after I am holding him at gun point.

I would not have shot the guy under the apparent circumstances either. But it also depends on other factors not yet known. If the guy was throwing things at me to hurt me and the items were such that they could have hurt me I might have fired back. But, so far it appears I would not have in the instant situation.

When officers arrived at the scene, the suspect was gone. The employee told officers he had escaped after a verbal altercation in which the suspect threw office equipment at the employee, said Everett police spokesman Aaron Snell. The employee fired one shot at the suspect, striking him in the leg.
    Ummm, thats not a verbal altercation. What equipment? Erasers, paper clips, paper cups or was it chairs, printers, boiling hot coffee? Makes a difference.

Michael

The BG is in his 30's and the GG is in his 70’s but as others have said we don't understand the laws in that state but never the less he was being assaulted by a person that broke in so I have to say the law should be on his side

It's a bad idea to try to hold somebody at gun point,in most states if he decides to just get up and walk around you to leave you are not justified to use deadly force,the only thing a drawn gun may work for in your favor is that the guy doesn't try to physically attack you.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You probably look at things a little differently when you 76 and he's 30. Hope he isn't charged for the shoot.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The BG had a knife and was prepared to use it. He threw some random items as a distraction but the employee was able to shoot before the BG could pull out the knife and attack.

Prove me wrong.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    The BG had a knife and was prepared to use it. He threw some random items as a distraction but the employee was able to shoot before the BG could pull out the knife and attack.

Prove me wrong.
    Do you have a news source that says he had a knife. I did not see that in the two links provided by the OP

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Do you have a news source that says he had a knife. I did not see that in the two links provided by the OP
    He's baiting you with his version of the story. Hence the "prove me wrong."

TVJ
    The shooter was a venerable 76 years old. I give him the benefit of the doubt....
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

When officers arrived at the scene, the suspect was gone. The employee told officers he had escaped after a verbal altercation in which the suspect threw office "SHOES" at the employee, said Everett police spokesman Aaron Snell. The employee fired one shot at the suspect, striking him in the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    The shooter was a venerable 76 years old. I give him the benefit of the doubt....
    Venerable:
    1. Commanding respect by virtue of age, dignity, character, or position.
    2. Worthy of reverence, especially by religious or historical association: venerable relics.
    What does that have to do with anything? I am not saying what he did was right or wrong. I remarked on what I would have done. BTW: Many 76 year olds are in pretty good shape these days.....

Venerable, vulnerable, same thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links