Bad: 'The guy just came in - came in with his gun already out'

This is a discussion on Bad: 'The guy just came in - came in with his gun already out' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 'The guy just came in - came in with his gun already out' | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Bad: 'The guy just came in - came in with his gun already out'

Distinguished Member

Bad: 'The guy just came in - came in with his gun already out'

'The guy just came in - came in with his gun already out' | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

A hotel was robbed but the thing that kind of made me cringe was this statement from the guy who got pistol whipped/robbed:

"Iíve done retail, hospitality my whole life. Iíve been trained what to do if Iím ever robbed. You obey their commands and do what they tell you to do and thatís what I did," he said.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Trained to be an obedient victim. Wow.

I guess that's what separates us from the sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post

Actually I'm willing to bet it has to do with insurance,they don't want employees starting a gun fight that may get customers injured or killed,if the gun man kills everybody at least they tried to circumvent any hazard by giving up the money so as far as any lawsuit it wouldn't be their fault
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

One way or another, it always boils down to the dollar.

If there's an error, let's error on the side of the dollar.

As Honey Bo Bo say's, "I'll Holla Foe a Dolla"!

When they said, "you're life is not worth a plug nickel", they erred, they mistakenly meant a dollar.

A dollar saved is a dollar earned.

Seriously though, in this insane world of litigation, where a vicious criminals degenerated family can sue the victim for excessive force / wrongful death during the commission of a violent felony, it makes practical business sense. Not to mention the "legal" liability imposed on a business owner if an employee has a concealed weapon and no anti weapon policy.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post

Not every person is capable nor has the time or money to train H2H which sound like would have been the way to go in this situation since the guy with the gun put himself at a disadvantage by approaching him to strike him. Plus it appears there were two GG's.

Before putting yourself on a pedestal as a sheep dog he was told to not resist, way more often than not by not resisting nothing willl happen to the GG. And I and most folks are not going to risk their lives for someone else s money.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't always agree with Suntzu, but he's spot on this time. While there's never any guarentee that one will come out unharmed by not resisting, odds increase dramatically if one does, and who says one will come out on top or even survive?

Those who have never had to stare down the open end of a muzzle up close can toss out all the sheepdog bravado they want. Until one is in that particular circumstance, no one can say whether one is willing to resist or not. Only once have I looked down the wrong end of a firearm, and at that time, at that place, under those circumstances, there is no doubt in my mind that if I had resisted (as some insist they would--always) I wouldn't be responding to this post today. There're always a time and/or a place to resist--and sometimes there isn't.
    suntzu likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links