Ugly: Florida Man kills Door to door salesman

This is a discussion on Ugly: Florida Man kills Door to door salesman within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter (see my post above & bold below) I am not saying that the guy deserved to die for the Door to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ugly: Florida Man kills Door to door salesman

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    (see my post above & bold below)

I am not saying that the guy deserved to die for the Door to Door schlocking of Surf & Turf.
    That was extremely unfortunate.

But, the fact remains that if he was not involved in doing something that he possibly should not have been doing...he would still be here.
    Ok. And if he was legally selling door door surf and turf? (of course if he had not been there -- legitimately or otherwise -- he would still be here) Not meaning to argue but your post makes it sound that it is the guy's fault for being there.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    Ok. And if he was legally selling door door surf and turf? (of course if he had not been there -- legitimately or otherwise -- he would still be here) Not meaning to argue but your post makes it sound that it is the guy's fault for being there.
    Nope, hes just saying that most of the time those dudes are selling stolen merchandise, and if that guy WAS, its an unfortunate decison that resulted in him losing his life. Its a possibility. Ive accidentally bought stolen things at what looked like a bargain price so i can see where hes coming from...now how about we lay off QKshooter

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Nope, hes just saying that most of the time those dudes are selling stolen merchandise, and if that guy WAS, its an unfortunate decison that resulted in him losing his life. Its a possibility. Ive accidentally bought stolen things at what looked like a bargain price so i can see where hes coming from...now how about we lay off QKshooter
    I think I was the only one seeking clarification tricolordad. The point I was trying to make is that regardless of whether he was or was not selling stolen merchandise it in and of itself was not the decision that cost him his life. The decision that cost him his life was the old man going off the handle (apparently not the first time). Any number of reasons could have put someone in that old man's driveway that day. But all is good (except for the dead guy).

Administrator
    Well, my later post was really just an addition to my Post #9. Really if the home owner was crazed or insane a totally innocent Girl Scout selling cookies could have met the exact same untimely fate.
    Naturally there is no way that I can know all of the facts of this incident but it all smacks of simple Murder by a nutcase to me.

And just for a more perfect clarification - I don't believe that Stand Your Ground is at all applicable here.

Not from what I have gleaned from the article.

If any salesman was on his property and even if the salesman refused to leave then a simple 911 call could have rectified that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    On the remote chance that it makes anybody feel a wee bit better. Most of the seafood and meats "salespersons" are actually dealing in stolen merchandise lifted from hi-jacked delivery trucks.
    Or it's stuff stolen/pilfered out of warehouses VIA an inside job.
    I am not saying that the guy deserved to die for the Door to Door schlocking of Surf & Turf. That was extremely unfortunate.
    But, the fact remains that if he was not involved in doing something that he possibly should not have been doing...he would still be here.
    At this time there is NO evidence that this man was doing anything illegal. For anyone to assume such a thing shows they jump to conclusion. Even if the man were selling stolen items there seems to be no reason for this shooting to happen. We have yet to get all the story. Even if the tradesman caused so much fear the home owner thought he needed to protect himself there is still NO reason for the man to be shot in the head " for effect ". This home owner may well have murdered this sales man. Stop making excuses for fools who think they are more important than anyone else and can do as they please. This situation is MORE than extremely unfortunate.
    tundra likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

This happened in my area and come on guys this is OLD News.
    None the less, the homeowner is crazy. He has a history including pulling a gun on a utility worker. Nothing more to the story than the shooter needs to be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Yep and if Mr. Homeowner had not made the decision to own and carry a firearm Mr. Salesman would still be here. The logic of such arguments fails pretty hard.

Administrator
    I think that you guys are not reading the entire thread before you post and certainly I am being misinterpreted in that one post of mine. My only point being that unless it's absolutely necessary for folks to be venturing onto property that is not theirs or knocking on strange doors. Don't.
    And that would be because there are crazy people out there.
    Certainly I was not making any excuses for that property owner and the fact that the salesman ended up dead WAS extremely unfortunate. People get murdered all the time for no valid reason and that would be something that I would also term as being extremely unfortunate. It's an unfortunate reality.
    Perhaps it would have been better if I would have called it tragic?
    I am not on or was not on the jury in this case so my casual opinion just from reading what is contained in the news story is just what it is. My opinion.
    The only other point that I was making is that "historically" persons who sell meat and seafood out of the back of a truck are usually dealing in stolen merchandise which is not the same as me saying that anybody should get the death penalty for selling a hot lobster.
    Nor do I believe that citizens should play Judge, Jury, & Executioner.
    I cannot make myself any clearer than that.

But, what I do want to tell you folks is that if anybody stops you on the street or knocks on your door wanting to sell you seafood or steaks at a really good low price...pass on the offer because it's usually always stolen merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    At this time there is NO evidence that this man was doing anything illegal. For anyone to assume such a thing shows they jump to conclusion. Even if the man were selling stolen items there seems to be no reason for this shooting to happen. We have yet to get all the story. Even if the tradesman caused so much fear the home owner thought he needed to protect himself there is still NO reason for the man to be shot in the head " for effect ". This home owner may well have murdered this sales man. Stop making excuses for fools who think they are more important than anyone else and can do as they please. This situation is MORE than extremely unfortunate.
    Spirit51, tricolordad and Brass63 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    Yep and if Mr. Homeowner had not made the decision to own and carry a firearm Mr. Salesman would still be here. The logic of such arguments fails pretty hard.
    How about if Mr. homeowner had just decided to not pull the trigger at all or at least not a second time....And i didnt make any argument that he shouldnt have had a firearm. I just backed up QK because somebody took an obviously clear statement and warped it to support their own argument. Not seeing why what he posted was an issue....he posted on a potential irony. The irony? Do wrong and be wronged. What goes around comes around yada yada...Big deal, get over it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links