Ugly: Florida Man kills Door to door salesman

This is a discussion on Ugly: Florida Man kills Door to door salesman within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Florida man kills traveling steak salesman, shoots extra round for 'effect' - Orlando liberal | Examiner.com Florida man kills a door to door steak salesman, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ugly: Florida Man kills Door to door salesman

Florida man kills traveling steak salesman, shoots extra round for 'effect' - Orlando liberal | Examiner.com

Florida man kills a door to door steak salesman, fires once and then shoots him in the head for "effect".

Thirty year old, Nicholas Rainey knocked on the door of Kenneth Bailey Roop, 52, but he got no answer. As Rainey made his way down the driveway, Roop pulled up in his pick up truck and question Rainey on why he was at his house. Gene Snyder, a neighbor and witness, claims that after Rainey told Roop about the steak he was selling, Roop pulled out his hand gun and shot Rainey. While Rainey was on the ground holding on for his life, Roop shot him one more time, directly in the head.
    Exactly as I said before a lot of guys running around with guns, who are quick to pull their guns because they are soft as Hell. They are easily scared and get shook of other men.

I mean you get scared of a man's tone of voice or what ever and you're a man yourself?

Cmon now.

I mean what happened to giving out a command to stop at the very least.

You just can't get rattled and start shaking because a guy is approaching you and then kill him. It doesn't take long to assess a threat nor does it take long to issue out a command and then draw if necessary.

Smh

Don't be fooled. The insane man was a steak robber.
    SA MC Operator
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    G26
    Sig P238

Quote Originally Posted by pocketgroove View Post
    Don't be fooled. The insane man was a steak robber.
    Would it be wrong if I laughed at this?

I could see if they guy was aggressive and threatening but by all accounts he wasn't. Then to shoot the guy in the head just for effect is insane. The stand your ground law is taking a beating because you have people abusing it because they did not think clearly when they acted.

It's okay and fine to ask questions to see who this stranger is that's on your property, but at least shoot when you have no choice but to do so.

I get these steak salemen all the time at my house. Even bought some once (terrible meat, never again). But I have never felt threatened by any of them. Are they pushy about the steaks, yes,but not enough to shoot them. Just tell them to leave and they do.
    Almost reminds me of the pharmacist in Oklahoma, his first shots were justified, then he came back and shot the BG some more while he was still on the floor. It didn't go so well with him as I believe he got convicted of murder.
    This guy will be convicted of murder, there is no way the stand your ground law will back him up.

Tim
    atctimmy and BamaT like this.

There's much more to this story than what's being said.... Either this guy is completely insane, or words of anger were exchanged and this guy got extremely angry and that's why he shot the guy in the head; he did not what him to survive and tell his side of the story. I say, throw the friggin book at this clown and put him under the jail. Scared my butt, this guy just murdered the guy and is trying to claim he was fearful. Fearful from what, a steak across the jaw! He's probably just some guy that hates door to door sales folks and decided to be a jerk to the guy, then took it to the extreme when guy mouthed back.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

There is no excuse in this situation based on the story so far. Murder. Period.

Administrator
    It's just a cold hard reality that all sorts of people buy firearms and obtain a license to carry one.
    If that person does not have a criminal history and has shown no prior propensity for violence and is not a felon and has no outstanding parking tickets and does not have a Protection From Abuse order out against him and has never had a dishonorable discharge from the military...and has never been convicted of a crime and yada, yada, yada.

Then that person can legally buy a firearm and get a license to carry it.

Nobody can predict the future. There is no government agency that has any way to tell if any individual is going to go bonkers in 2017.

With our rights as Americans there will occasionally be random people that will eventually end up abusing those rights for one reason or another.

We cannot make every American undergo a psychological evaluation and insert probes into their respective brains before they buy a baseball bat because two people last year went crazy and beat two other innocent persons to death with a baseball bat.

What could have prevented this specific incident? Absolutely NOTHING. What law could have stopped it? No law could have prevented it and not 10,000 new gun laws either.

This guy in the house could have seen the steak salesman pulling into his driveway...started up a chainsaw in his house and answered the door and cut the steak salesman into assorted slices of beef.

He could have never gone out and actually purchased a firearm at all. He could have had a black powder rifle that his great grand pappy had left in the attic from the Civil War and used that.

The steak and seafood salesman would have been just as dead and he would have been just as dead if he answered the door and let 5 Pit Bulls loose on the salesman.

Pit Bulls love steak salesmen because they smell like meat.

I couldn't agree with QKShooter more. Being the open and relatively free society that we are comes with some draw backs. Given the size of our population...they are not that often. Some incidents like this will happen. It may seem caviler to say that some will just have to "take one for the team", but it is a fact.

Look at the nut job in Norway and how many he was able to kill. If they had a society with a active "2nd Amendment" freedom would he have been able to kill that many? I don't think so.

We don't need to be paranoid, but we do need to stay alert to what happens around us. I see nothing that could have saved that poor salesman from his fate. My only question is why is this guy only being charged with 2nd degree murder? First shot should have gotten him life in prison.....second head shot should get him the death sentence.

We, as the armed citizen, need to engage our brains before we engage our weapons, but there is little that can be done to stop all mentally unstable people like this fool. We can only deal with them afterward...and in the harshest measures.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

My daughter dropped a frozen steak on my foot. This can potentially be lethal!!

On a more serious note: anyone can go crazy at anytime as qk said. My cousin in law (my wifes aunts son) fell off a tractor 10 years ago and hit his head. He is now severely schizo. He is a danger to society in some aspects. It can happen to anyone at anytime. No one knows what actually happened here but it could be as simple as the situation I posted. (before this all happened my wife's cousin was a successful rancher and made a ton of money til that 1 bad day!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QKShooter and Spirit51 like this.

I can't help but to think that there's more to this..

Then again it's not exactly hard to believe that this Guy just went bonkers for no reason..

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Administrator
    On the remote chance that it makes anybody feel a wee bit better. Most of the seafood and meats "salespersons" are actually dealing in stolen merchandise lifted from hi-jacked delivery trucks.
    Or it's stuff stolen/pilfered out of warehouses VIA an inside job.
    I am not saying that the guy deserved to die for the Door to Door schlocking of Surf & Turf. That was extremely unfortunate.
    But, the fact remains that if he was not involved in doing something that he possibly should not have been doing...he would still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    On the remote chance that it makes anybody feel a wee bit better. Most of the seafood and meats "salespersons" are actually dealing in stolen merchandise lifted from hi-jacked delivery trucks.
    Or it's stuff stolen/pilfered out of warehouses VIA an inside job.
    I am not saying that the guy deserved to die for the Door to Door schlocking of Surf & Turf. That was extremely unfortunate.
    But, the fact remains that if he was not involved in doing something that he possibly should not have been doing...he would still be here.
    Operative word being "possibly" though. At this point we just don't know on that part. However, let's assume he was selling stolen meats...does that legitimize his murder as is apparently the case here?

Administrator
    (see my post above & bold below)

I am not saying that the guy deserved to die for the Door to Door schlocking of Surf & Turf.
    That was extremely unfortunate.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links