22LR Can Be Lethal - Page 4

22LR Can Be Lethal

This is a discussion on 22LR Can Be Lethal within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by tricolordad Ok then. Justice only for cops and those who can afford to donate to the site... I got an infraction that ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 22LR Can Be Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Ok then. Justice only for cops and those who can afford to donate to the site...
    I got an infraction that I thought was unfair too, just took it and shut my pie hole.
    suntzu, ScottM and atctimmy like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    I got an infraction that I thought was unfair too, just took it and shut my pie hole.
    The day I worry about infractions is the day I need a life...oops, is that an infraction
    Seriously, the mods whether you agree with them or not do a tough job and try to hand out infractions as fairly as possible.
    Bad Bob and ScottM like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    A shot in the intestines by many calibers may not stop the threat. What is your point? Carry a .22 if you want. Not going to get into what ifs here. Just it is the consensus that a .22 it is not the best SD round. Carry what you can afford and comftorable with. But when folks try to say or allude to that a 22 is as good as a larger round I just have to bow out of the conversation and disagree.
    . Theres no solid proof that .22 is ineffective as a SD round. I posted factual results in the other .22 as a self sefense round thread and as of yet, nobody has disputed me. If youd like to argue that, go to the other thread amd read the results first.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    . Theres no solid proof that .22 is ineffective as a SD round. I posted factual results in the other .22 as a self sefense round thread and as of yet, nobody has disputed me. If youd like to argue that, go to the other thread amd read the results first.
    I am not playing your game. I said I do not care what you carry. What are you trying to prove? Get over it. It is like you need to prove something to the world when most of us really don't care. It is your life.

What part of this did you not understand?
    But when folks try to say or allude to that a 22 is as good as a larger round I just have to bow out of the conversation and disagree.
    It says I disagree. Period. End of story. It meant I stopped debating with you. I can find studies that prove a my left pinkie is as effective as a .50 cal. What is going to prove..you have your opinion and I have mine. Just get a life. My gosh.
    atctimmy, Bad Bob and Brad426 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    I am not playing your game. I said I do not care what you carry. What are you trying to prove? Get over it. It is like you need to prove something to the world when most of us really don't care. It is your life.

It says I disagree. Period. End of story. It meant I stopped debating with you. I can find studies that prove a my left pinkie is as effective as a .50 cal. What is going to prove..you have your opinion and I have mine. Just get a life. My gosh.
    WRONG! You can only disagree and stop fighting when I say you can!!!!!! : )
    Bad Bob and Brad426 like this.

Guys, there is always the 'IGNORE' button

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    As to the original story, it turns out he had been burglarized three times this year and the sheriff had even placed a video surveillance camera in his house before. He also had a sizable number of his cattle stolen. The old guy had really had enough.

I hope I am still up and able to run a farm when I am 92!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

The politically correct gun owners are going to be with us. They really do not understand, you and I both know that.

[/rant] All of the great armies around the world have a .22 Rifle and a .22 side arm (pistol) all of the law enforcement agencies around the world also use the .22 for all of there weapons. You see, it is a proven fact that the .22 lr is an outstanding defense round. I just proved it. [\rant]
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

What? No mention of how effective the .22 was in the hands of MOSSAD against Arab terrorists in condition white....

Good-92-year-old kills Home Intruder Burglar in Kentucky

BenGoodLuck likes this.

Cool, collected and an amazing guy!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Good. Someone who should not have been let out of jail, we no longer have to worry about. And we won't have to pay for his stay in jail, either!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

He is not happy that police took the rifle used in the shooting.

"How am I going to protect myself if they come back looking for revenge?" he said.

So how do we find out where he lives so we can send him a new rifle???
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Already running - merging threads.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links