Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins' (England)

This is a discussion on Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins' (England) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The man is believed to have grabbed a legally owned gun after they were disturbed by the break-in early yesterday. He is understood to have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins' (England)

The man is believed to have grabbed a legally owned gun after they were disturbed by the break-in early yesterday.

He is understood to have fired at the intruders who then fled the isolated house at Melton Mowbray, Leics, before calling the police.

Minutes later, an ambulance was called to treat a man with gunshot injuries nearby. It is understood that call was made by one of the suspected burglars.

The arrested man's mother said: "This is not the first time they have been broken into.

"They have been robbed three or four times. One of them was quite nasty.

how can a society allow the government to do this, to strip the people of the basic right to self-defense and then arrest the homeowner for fighting back. Makes me wonder what is going on over there

Farm tenant arrested after burglars shot was 'plagued by break-ins' - Telegraph

Read down in the story -

In 2009, the millionaire businessman Munir Hussain fought back with a metal pole and a cricket bat against a knife-wielding burglar who tied up his family at their home in Buckinghamshire. Hussain was jailed for two and a half years, despite his attacker being spared prison.

Appeal judges reduced the sentence to a year’s jail, suspended.

...unbelieveable.

Their citizens should move away, fight a revolution against the oppressive laws, and form a new country based on a constitution that gives the rights to its people.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Be glad this isn't England.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    Be glad this isn't England.

But also be aware that many anti-gunner's want to take us there.
    goldshellback likes this.

Their love of the queen will keep them warm at night. Bahahahahahaha i bow to NOBODY

These UK anti-self defense stories make me sick .... I have to hit my back arrow & bail before I puke ...
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Just remember our forefathers left that country over 200 years ago,and then fought them,had we lost the Revolution we would be living under the same laws,now you know why the 2nd amendment was in the constitution.
    But apparently the Gene from that government still resides in people like Bloomberg and the Brady policy center Idjits,and lawmakers in South California
    oneshot and Spidey2011 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yup. That's England for you. I remember a story awhile back where a guy was attacked by some knife-wielding dirtbag. He managed to control the knife long enough to stab the guy, and later be charged with murder.

Why am I not surprised?

Remember last summer when the tabloids over there were going nuts because people were buying bats off amazon.uk for self defense?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2390736,00.asp

So what do the English version of our liberals do? Ban them of course!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/au...aws-truncheons

"Even if they are being bought by respectable home and business owners, they should be banned from sale temporarily," said V Woolf. "Vigilantism is not the answer. Get these items off the shelves, we are all scared and angry in London and need to know that measures are being taken to help us to feel safe in our cities again."

Sent via Mental Power

Sounds like being a robber is less of a crime than defending yourself and your home. Moral of the story is to let the robbers take whatever they want and simply follow them to their home and rob them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

A perp of Asian persuasion became enraged at Munir Hussain who he accused of cheating with his wife. He hired some scumbags to attack Hussain and his family.

Then there is the rest of the story.

The victim, Munir Hussain, and his brother chased one of the scumbags, caught him and nearly beat him to death. The scumbag was left brain damaged. This beating did not play well with the judge who said the threat was over when the scumbag ran.

Munir Hussain and victims' rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More:

BBC News - Jailed intruder attacker Munir Hussain freed by court

Samad broke free, fleeing upstairs pursued by two of the masked men, and managed to raise the alarm. Meanwhile Munir turned on the remaining intruder Walid Salem. Munir chased him off the premises and was joined by his brother Tokeer Hussain, who lived a few doors away. Munir and Tokeer brought Salem, a criminal with more than 50 previous convictions,[6] to the ground in a neighbour's front garden. Salem was then subjected to a ferocious attack which left him with a brain injury and a fractured skull. Witnesses said about four Asian men were seen battering Salem with implements including a hockey stick and cricket bat. One witness pleaded with the attackers to stop, telling them that they were going to kill the man on the ground, but she was disregarded.
    Munir Hussains sentence was reduced to one year on appeal.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    how can a society allow the government to do this, to strip the people of the basic right to self-defense and then arrest the homeowner for fighting back. Makes me wonder what is going on over there
    There's is a very sick society and yet, you'll see how they all think we're insane for wanting to defend ourselves.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Our ancestors fought for Independence from England... thank God..... and won. Let's make sure we don't become like them either.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Refuting the concept of inalienable right to life and liberty. Ain't it the truth.

So long as a person is treated as a subject and not a citizen, so long as a person is deemed a "criminal" and legally persecuted for daring protect his/her life and belongings, crime will continue to rise in frequency and intensity. It seems that in England, these days, crime pays.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links