bad-Unknown suspects assault Kingwood man in driveway robbery

This is a discussion on bad-Unknown suspects assault Kingwood man in driveway robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; “When the victim turned into the driveway of his home he sat in his car for a minute and then saw the same truck pull ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: bad-Unknown suspects assault Kingwood man in driveway robbery

bad-Unknown suspects assault Kingwood man in driveway robbery

“When the victim turned into the driveway of his home he sat in his car for a minute and then saw the same truck pull up at the curb across the street from his house,” Cannon said. “He saw three black males in the truck, one in the bed of the vehicle and the other two in the driver’s and passenger seat. He walked toward them to see what they were up to when the man in the bed of the truck pulled out a shotgun.”

This didn't look good from the start so I don't know what was going through his mind at the time

Your Atascocita News : Unknown suspects assault Kingwood man in driveway robbery

they need to give out t-shirts i_am_invincible_t_shirt-rbbda5c5de590454bb1b6dfa4ff36cc02_f0ce3_512.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Yeah that was kind of a stupid decision.

"Fail" on MANY levels
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

As Forest Gump said; “stupid is as stupid does”.

Sure as a male I hate to say it but, there are times, when retreating to one’s home is the best call... Fallowed up by calling the local PD to come investigate suspicious truck is the best choice.

....palmface.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    It is not weakness to retreat to a strong position,it is strategy. Going into your home you have cover,weapons, dogs,phones,alarm system,etc.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Were I live if the truck was to be checked out it would be up to me. 30-45 minutes would be a fast respond time for LE at any time and to check out 3 dudes in a white truck most likely would never happen. LE thoughts would be why go they're gone by the time I get there, so it would be a no show.

If I had been the homeowner I see about 3-5 seconds of excitement and someone not walking away. But that's just me!
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

So we understand what he did wrong; what could he do right! Someone mention running in the house and barricading the door. Is that the best way to handle this? A) Running into the house and Not knowing where they are OR B) taking a stand behind some form of structure and letting them know you are armed and the cops are on the way is a better choice. Is retreat always the best thing to do?

Distinguished Member
    I agree with mr .stuart. It's dark, three possible BGs, you are at a disadvantage. Withdraw to a defensible position, keep an eye on the BGs, and arm yourself. Then call 911. You still have your car and your wallet, and you are still safe. No disgrace there.

VIP Member
    If you think someone is following you, make three right or left turns. If they are still following you, call 911 and go to the nearest police station. Don't drive home.
    P5 and RemMod597 like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I learned a pretty good trick from my brother...he taught me how to get behind somebody without losing ground. I did it to an off duty LEO who liked to tailgate me after a 3d shift job i worked. Scared him straight. Not sure it would work on this one since the guy in the back had the pump...

My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. When I saw the small picture of the t-shirt that barstoolguru posted, I thought it said, "I'm an Imbecile". Then I expanded it and saw that it said "I'm Invincible". That was good, but I kinda like my version better.
    oneshot likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutrodoc View Post
    My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. When I saw the small picture of the t-shirt that barstoolguru posted, I thought it said, "I'm an Imbecile". Then I expanded it and saw that it said "I'm Invincible". That was good, but I kinda like my version better.

^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The guy learned a hard lesson.
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, and flies like a duck; then it must be a duck.

Either that, or he's a goose hunter.

SA will get you so far.
    He had it when he noticed them roll up.
    They even gave him the opportunity to get in the house, or, better still, drive away.
    There is where he failed miserably in identifying trouble.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I learned a pretty good trick from my brother...he taught me how to get behind somebody without losing ground. I did it to an off duty LEO who liked to tailgate me after a 3d shift job i worked. Scared him straight. Not sure it would work on this one since the guy in the back had the pump...
    What's the trick?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    What's the trick?
    Drive past a donut shop,circle the block and wait til he comes out with his bag o sugar fix,then follow him LOL.

Anybody else find it kinda weird why these guys carjacked a guy for a 15 year old vehicle,I'll bet if you do a little research the guy may possibly be in an entrepeneurial business in selling green leafy products,and after his last sale was followed by some "Clients" for a 100% mark down of his remaining inventory
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links