ugly-CAL gets another black eye in cop abusing a suspect-video - Page 2

ugly-CAL gets another black eye in cop abusing a suspect-video

This is a discussion on ugly-CAL gets another black eye in cop abusing a suspect-video within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Is it my imagination, or did the attacker discharge his weapon as he it the victim?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ugly-CAL gets another black eye in cop abusing a suspect-video

Is it my imagination, or did the attacker discharge his weapon as he it the victim?
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    Is it my imagination, or did the attacker discharge his weapon as he it the victim?
    The gun went off when it struck the victims head. Maybe instead of a drop test the gun makers should use a head bashing test to make sure its safe to use their products as clubs.

Michael
    mr.stuart likes this.

Some of these city police forces had better wake up. They are hurting financially and have officers like these put them farther in the hole. Pretty soon, their insurance policies will be cancelled and they will be paying for claims themselves. I would assume with incidents like this, that the police are finding it harder to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The gun went off when it struck the victims head. Maybe instead of a drop test the gun makers should use a head bashing test to make sure its safe to use their products as clubs.

Michael

ugh that is even worse
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

You never ever never ever pistol whip anybody,you can mar the finish on your gun
    msgt/ret and WHEC724 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Some of these city police forces had better wake up. They are hurting financially and have officers like these put them farther in the hole. Pretty soon, their insurance policies will be cancelled and they will be paying for claims themselves. I would assume with incidents like this, that the police are finding it harder to do their jobs.
    Government "insurance companies" are the tax payers since the are "self insured"...

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

All I can say is that it looks really bad for this Officer. However not knowing what "led" up to the incident as the Officer states, we will see.

Yet, drawing your Service Weapon, with your finger on the trigger then smacking a seemingly unarmed individual and having a negligent discharge violates all rules of engaement it seems. That errant round could have killed someone, it has been known to happen.

I think the financial problems of Police Depts. in many places is putting more stress on the Officers becuse there are not many new ones put on the force. It needs to be addressed before something deadly happens.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    All I can say is that it looks really bad for this Officer. However not knowing what "led" up to the incident as the Officer states, we will see.

Yet, drawing your Service Weapon, with your finger on the trigger then smacking a seemingly unarmed individual and having a negligent discharge violates all rules of engaement it seems. That errant round could have killed someone, it has been known to happen.

I think the financial problems of Police Depts. in many places is putting more stress on the Officers becuse there are not many new ones put on the force. It needs to be addressed before something deadly happens.
    How would what happened prior to the final act justify what the officer did? There is a pharmacist in Oklahoma doing life in prison for what he did to a robber after the threat had ended.

Michael

this was mentioned in a radio talk show and they said that we are seeing a lot more accidental shootings because when Bloomberg took over he fired a lot of teachers and to avoid cuttings in the police force he scaled back the pay level for starters along with less training money so what you get is a force of less trained LEO's in a very dense population.

I remember when my nephew asked me why I CC. My answer was: "It doesn't matter if they're right or wrong, but as a society we are 1 action by a LEO or a jury from having to fight our way into (or out of) our homes."
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

The police officer deserves to be fired and charged criminally for his actions. The police officer that stood by while it happened should also be fired and brought up on charges if it turns out he corroborated the story of the lying police officer.

On another note it seems the gun needs a pistol whip safety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links