bad-Wash. sniper was recently divorced military vet

This is a discussion on bad-Wash. sniper was recently divorced military vet within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ARLINGTON, Wash. (AP) - A sniper killed in a shootout with police about 50 miles north of Seattle was described Wednesday as a disabled military ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bmglock23
  • 4 Post By GunTrooper

Thread: bad-Wash. sniper was recently divorced military vet

ARLINGTON, Wash. (AP) - A sniper killed in a shootout with police about 50 miles north of Seattle was described Wednesday as a disabled military veteran who was recently divorced and had mental health problems.

"He was bipolar and taking medications" not a good combo to deal with. if you ever had to deal with someone that is bipolar it is hard

It apparently began when a man in his 20s was shot in his calf in his driveway. The man heard gunfire, sent his family inside the house for safety and was struck by a bullet minutes later, Ireton said. The man, whose name was not disclosed, was treated at an Arlington hospital and released.
    Read more: Wash. sniper was recently divorced military vet - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    "He was bipolar and taking medications"
    Even worse is bipolar and not taking meds. These are the ones the terms "psycho" and "madman" refer to. I'm not saying all bipolars are crazed killers, but crazed killers are almost always either bipolar or paranoid schizophrenic. Or both.
    OldVet likes this.

My wife is bipolar and doesnt take meds, shes got me to keep her in check. So the terms "psycho" and"madman" dont really apply to all people diagnosed with it now do they? Paranoid schizophrenics are a completely different type of people. They cant distinguish reality from fantasy and take action out of fear. Now i do understand that every case is different, but i can see this being caused by PTSD and the man not knowing whether he is home or not.

Precious few details. About the only facts are: someone was shot once; a passing car was shot several times; responding officers took down the apparent shooter; and the apparent shooter has medical/drug factors, a recent divorce and military training history. No comment on whether there was an altercation, prior history, or whatever. The implication dangling there is that he blew a gasket.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    Even worse is bipolar and not taking meds. These are the ones the terms "psycho" and "madman" refer to. I'm not saying all bipolars are crazed killers, but crazed killers are almost always either bipolar or paranoid schizophrenic. Or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    ...So the terms "psycho" and"madman" dont really apply to all people diagnosed with it now do they?
    He already answered that question.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

His entire post contradicts. I dont believe he really knows wht hes talking about.

His entire post contradicts. I dont believe he really knows wht hes talking about.
    To be perfectly honest you ask several psychiatrists to diagnose a person and you will get several diagnoses and several different recomendations for treatment.
    My wife is bipolar and doesnt take meds, shes got me to keep her in check
    What happens when your not around
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

OK... try bi-polar (undiagnosed), PTSD, recently discharged vet facing tough employment market... This is what we as a society will be facing for the next 15-20 years. If Vietnam vets were emotionally troubled and prone to substance abuse, just imagine current young men and women after now 10 years of war with multiple deployments...

I love vets, because I am one, but due to no fault of these vets, we may look forward to frequent episodes of snipers, mass shooters, etc... Point is, we need to take care of them... be a good neighbor and help them out when you can: hire them at your business, give them a referral when they look for a job, help them find a job, befriend them, talk with them, LISTEN to them..

Bipolar ; can get bad enough to have a psychotic episodes and halluncinations, but that is not common at all.

Schizophrenics ; are unpredictable.... depends upon type, degree, and meds.

Psyhopaths.... are the one's you need to worry about the most. They are the one's who will seem normal, are intelligent, and will kill you then go eat lunch and never think another thing about it..... then in the news it will say, 'such a nice guy'.... because they know how to act normal and play the game. And, they know what they are doing.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Story from the man shot in the calf- http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98852
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

My wife is bipolar and doesnt take meds, shes got me to keep her in check. So the terms "psycho" and"madman" dont really apply to all people diagnosed with it now do they? Paranoid schizophrenics are a completely different type of people. They cant distinguish reality from fantasy and take action out of fear. Now i do understand that every case is different, but i can see this being caused by PTSD and the man not knowing whether he is home or not.
    Bipolar schitzophrenics and paranoid schitophrenics can both be dangerous and scary to encounter. But bipolar on its own isnt nessescarily a major concern. Of course, always keep the meds in check regardless.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Links