Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, 41 shots fired office claims SD - Page 2

Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, 41 shots fired office claims SD

This is a discussion on Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, 41 shots fired office claims SD within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think the optimum word here would be stress. I am not totally defending the cop, but look at what they deal with day after ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, 41 shots fired office claims SD

I think the optimum word here would be stress.

I am not totally defending the cop, but look at what they deal with day after day, and yes, they chose the profession, but someone has to do it.

Our society has grown extremely violent these days towards anyone in authority or law enforcement and police do not have a crystal ball to look in and see just who may want to kill them for no reason whatsoever.

Recently here in WV two WV State Troopers were shot by a guy they pulled over for driving drunk. One died at the scene, one later. The killer also shot a tow truck driver who was attempting to hook up the offenders vehicle. A Roane Co WV Sheriff's Deputy was also wounded by this freak of nature before he was killed in a hail of gunfire from other officers. All this over a seemingly harmless traffic stop. Can we blame any Police Officer for using excessive force for other incidents when this could happen at any moment?

Is 41 shots excessive? Possibly. Did the cop overreact to this situation or make a mistake under stress? Perhaps. It is a definite possibility the stress of the occupation got the better of him this time.
    Freedom Doc likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I think the optimum word here would be stress.

I am not totally defending the cop, but look at what they deal with day after day, and yes, they chose the profession, but someone has to do it.

Our society has grown extremely violent these days towards anyone in authority or law enforcement and police do not have a crystal ball to look in and see just who may want to kill them for no reason whatsoever.

Recently here in WV two WV State Troopers were shot by a guy they pulled over for driving drunk. One died at the scene, one later. The killer also shot a tow truck driver who was attempting to hook up the offenders vehicle. A Roane Co WV Sheriff's Deputy was also wounded by this freak of nature before he was killed in a hail of gunfire from other officers. All this over a seemingly harmless traffic stop. Can we blame any Police Officer for using excessive force for other incidents when this could happen at any moment?

Is 41 shots excessive? Possibly. Did the cop overreact to this situation or make a mistake under stress? Perhaps. It is a definite possibility the stress of the occupation got the better of him this time.
    Plenty of people have excessive amounts of stress and cope without resorting to violence against an unarmed person.

Does stress excuse the murdering rampage by Staff Sergeant Robert Bales? I think not and the same would apply to the LEO here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    Plenty of people have excessive amounts of stress and cope without resorting to violence against an unarmed person.

Does stress excuse the murdering rampage by Staff Sergeant Robert Bales? I think not and the same would apply to the LEO here.
    As I began my post, I stated that I was not totally defending the cop. I read the article and yes, the amount of lead discharged does seem excessive and yes the guy turned out to be unarmed.

I was giving some of my opinion as to why this happend, not making excuses for a cop who could be a bad apple. They exist.

Everyone deals with stress in a different manner. The guy who shot and killed the WV Troopers was probably under some stress.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    As I began my post, I stated that I was not totally defending the cop. I read the article and yes, the amount of lead discharged does seem excessive and yes the guy turned out to be unarmed.

I was giving some of my opinion as to why this happend, not making excuses for a cop who could be a bad apple. They exist.

Everyone deals with stress in a different manner. The guy who shot and killed the WV Troopers was probably under some stress.
    Makes sense and yes, everyone deals with stress differently.

My kids stress me out, talk back as little ones can, but I don't hit them. During my time in the service I lost far too many friends. I didn't go out and indiscriminately murder/kill in response. Those who cannot control their violence and direct it appropriately need not be in positions of authority/power and ought to be dealt with to the fullest extent that the law allows.

It isn't really the 41 shots that gets to me. Come to think of it 41 shots, come on. Send these people to the target range. It is that he lied. Why not say what really happened if he felt his life was in danger and had to fire 41 shots? There is a problem when the officer gives a story and his own dash cam says differently. I always want to give the benefit of a doubt to the officer. I am not in the situation. BUT there is more to this than we have heard so far.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links