Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, 41 shots fired office claims SD

This is a discussion on Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, 41 shots fired office claims SD within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Examination of the case further indicates that a lone Garland police officer, whose name has not been released, may have fired as many as 41 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, 41 shots fired office claims SD

Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, 41 shots fired office claims SD

Examination of the case further indicates that a lone Garland police officer, whose name has not been released, may have fired as many as 41 rounds at Allen — with no other officers at the scene discharging their weapons.
    anger issue? 41 shots after the officer "claims" he ramed him

PD: Dozens Of Shots Fired At Chase Suspect, Officer On Leave « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

2. Remove Ads

He was just making sure the suspect no longer posted a threat.

Don't think the officer is going to skate by on this one. Doesn't help his case that no other officers on scene fired their weapons.

Did anybody else notice that the article never said how many times the suspect was hit? Unless I overlooked it, all it says is that there were 41 shots fired but how many we're on target? Reporters rarely forget to include the actual number of impacts the deceased received. I'm not trying to suggesting anything by this, it was just something that caught my eye. That's all.

truck-3.jpg

the video they show was from the night the shooting happened and was not the same one they show today but here is a pic of the truck and you can see bullet holes in the drivers door and behind the door

I can see at least 20 or better. The impact marks are from a side swipe (side collision) and not a front end wreck

Strange. If this guy was shot at 41 times by a homeowner for breaking into a house, this forum would be alive with applause and congrats. Wouldnt matter if the guy was a first time knucklehead or a repeat offender. Now if the cops shoot at a guy, lets jump the gun. Forget facts, lets go by what the "breaking news" story said at 11pm. Forget that the criminal had a long history of crime that includes fleeing police. Nah, i'm sure he simply stopped and put his hands up. What was that LEO thinking?

Could it be possible that other officers on the scene didnt see what this guy saw? Maybe, we dont know. I'll just wait to hear the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Strange. If this guy was shot at 41 times by a homeowner for breaking into a house, this forum would be alive with applause and congrats. Wouldnt matter if the guy was a first time knucklehead or a repeat offender. Now if the cops shoot at a guy, lets jump the gun. Forget facts, lets go by what the "breaking news" story said at 11pm. Forget that the criminal had a long history of crime that includes fleeing police. Nah, i'm sure he simply stopped and put his hands up. What was that LEO thinking?

Could it be possible that other officers on the scene didnt see what this guy saw? Maybe, we dont know. I'll just wait to hear the rest of the story.
    I will be the bad guy here and say this.... no gun was found, no evidence of threat was found just some guy running from the law so where is it justified that anyone can fire 41 rounds at someone. If it was a homeowner and someone broke in heck yea there is a threat but we are talking about a trained officer and not a scared homeowner that just woke up in the middle of the night. I guarantee you that if a homeowner shot 41 times he would have been arrested for reckless endangerment
    Harvester and Bad Bob like this.

Distinguished Member
    After reading the story, I'd say the officer may very well end up as a guest of the government for a while.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't know. Someone breaks into my house and it takes 41 shots to stop the threat, I'm taking 41 shots. But I might have to pause to reload some empties along the way.
    dukalmighty likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Smells alot like murder based on the information we have heard so far. 41 shots, thats alot of trigger pulling for one guy.

He must of used one of them military style assault weapons to get that many shots off at one time.... Or he had to reload a few magazines and if the "trained" officer took 41 shots to stop the threat I don't know if I want him out there protecting me and being paid with tax monies.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    He must of used one of them military style assault weapons to get that many shots off at one time.... Or he had to reload a few magazines and if the "trained" officer took 41 shots to stop the threat I don't know if I want him out there protecting me and being paid with tax monies.
    My thoughts as well. I'm not sure what he was caring but I doubt it was auto, had to of emptied and reloaded a few mags.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    The officer claims he was shooting in self-defense BECAUSE the driver of the P/U RAMMED him and he shot in self-defense BUT after an investigation by the MPD they say there is no evidence that supports the officer's claim but in fact the officer RAMMED the pickup. Basically he was given desk duty and then was relieved of duty after evidence didn't support his report and they are investigating into pressing criminal charges

And bob 41 shots from one officer is a little excessive.... ya’ think......bob
    hey bob... I got the info off the news broadcast and went to the internet to post a link....bob
    Over 8.5 times a day...

One thing you can't allow as an LEO and even a civilian carrying a concealed weapon is your emotions over riding good judgement.It sounds like this LEO's department has taken just about every step possible except taking his badge and firing him.It sounds like there is going to be a wrongful death verdict with it costing the City a chunk of change,and the LEO sitting at the defendants table.
    The guy was probably a POS drain on society,but you can't use excessive force beyond what is prudent and reasonable.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It's one thing to over react to a situation, letting emotion take over. It's quite another to attempt to cover it up and get caught. I don't see a way out of it for the officer (nor do I believe he should have a way out).

Worth watching, but holding judgement for now
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links