8 home invasions over the weekend

This is a discussion on 8 home invasions over the weekend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; All in Ann Arbor. Here's one: http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/c.../#.UE-uVnhZ7bU Remind your college aged kids to at least lock the doors....

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By FireGuy
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: 8 home invasions over the weekend

All in Ann Arbor. Here's one:

http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/c.../#.UE-uVnhZ7bU

Remind your college aged kids to at least lock the doors.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Glad I live in a small rural area. I know that it can happen anywhere but fewer people mean fewer criminals.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Glad I live in a small rural area. I know that it can happen anywhere but fewer people mean fewer criminals.

Michael
    Same here. In my immediate area, those invasions might just go unreported. SSS

I live in a rural area at the moment and a few dirt roads over there's a a string of dope houses that's starting to over flow near my house. I'm pretty much ready for anything with this increase in traffic.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Wow. I can see that happening more and more. Even in our small town we have a large criminal element. Only difference is they know many of us are armed and alert. Still, I keep my Ruger sisters (SP101 and LCP) next to me when I am sitting in the living room or next to the bed. When I am in the yard....doors are locked and I carry the SP101 with me. As people on the "dole" find out that the "gravy train" has a end, we will see more of it.
    BurgerBoy, JoJoGunn and RichB70 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

There were about a dozen break ins last year near my home, thank god no one was home at the time. Since that time we have formed neighborhood watch teams, everybody is alert and aware of the surroundings. I understand a lot of those break ins occurred during the evening, most of us have installed motion detectors all around the house and we don't hesitate to call the police if we see someone suspicious. It has eliminated the problem.

Heres a robbery to remember, true or not. enjoy..Code Of Silence Bar Holdup - YouTube

Sorry but I didn't get the memo to change"burglary" to "home invasion". They are specific terms and not interchangeable - like the difference between gropping and homosexual necrophilia...
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Have Laptop, Will Travel

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Sorry but I didn't get the memo to change"burglary" to "home invasion". They are specific terms and not interchangeable - like the difference between gropping and homosexual necrophilia...
    Definitely TWO different things!

VIP Member
    Things seem to be getting worse in my town & neighborhood as well.

Last Friday, I had a knock on the door @ 10pm. Given that both my parents are in the hospital right now, I figured it was one of my sisters on their way home and stopping by to update me. I answered it, and found a very surprised thug standing there, stammering out a story about his car being broken down and if he could borrow $37. Behind him was a car sitting in the street with another guy in it, and the engine running.

My reply was for him to get off my property and never come back. He backed away and ran back to the car and they drove off.

We park our cars in the garage at night, and have a timer on the front porch light. There's no way to tell when we're home or not. I have no doubt this guy was either casing me or my parent's (empty) house next door.

Just about any "home invasion" would be the result of drug addiction. I have come to the conclusion that the addictions people have prod them into committing not just home invasion to steal, but armed robbery, assault, etc. It doesn't matter if they are on Public Assistance or in and out of work. The drug addiction is the sole reason they need to steal from others to sell items to pay for their drugs.

It happens in "good" neighbourhoods and all over. Addiction knows no racial, gender, ethnic or social boundaries, it is an equal opportunity attacker. Good and bad people can succumb to this scourge and there really seems to be no answer for stopping it.

With that said, the invasions will continue unabated.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Most criminals need to get the message long before they have a chance to get to jail. Jail time is learning new things for the short timers. Today's law enforcement isn't exactly doing well on their investigations anyway. Think about reducing the national debt and holding trial in your own house under extreme circumstances.

These Ann Arbor thugs will eventually find the RIGHT home owner who will give them their retirement plan.
    RichB70 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links