Update on bike rider/pu collision where the driver shot and killed bike rider

This is a discussion on Update on bike rider/pu collision where the driver shot and killed bike rider within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Taylor, Mich. (WXYZ) - 46-year-old Edward Myers, accused of shooting a bicyclist Wednesday evening, has been released from police custody. Prosecutors will not make a ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Update on bike rider/pu collision where the driver shot and killed bike rider

Taylor, Mich. (WXYZ) - 46-year-old Edward Myers, accused of shooting a bicyclist Wednesday evening, has been released from police custody.

Prosecutors will not make a decision on charges for the time being.

The bicycle rider has been identified as 42-year-old Henry Enoch.

this is an update on a shooting that was posted here earlier

Action News uncovers exclusive details in road rage incident involving bicyclist, pick-up driver

Justified or not, we can all pretty much bank on doing a little jail time after using deadly force in a SD situation. It's to be expected I guess. I've never been in jail because I hear the food sucks.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Yup, with the outcry nationwide about shooting an unarmed assailant regardless of circumstances, handcuffs, a ride and some jail time while they get things sorted out is a given.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

If the witnesses are verifying the driver's story and it looks pretty solid as this story seems to indicate, then it is a real shame the authorities are dragging it on so long. I can't imagine the anguish the driver is going through.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret_Storm View Post
    If the witnesses are verifying the driver's story and it looks pretty solid as this story seems to indicate, then it is a real shame the authorities are dragging it on so long. I can't imagine the anguish the driver is going through.
    It costs the system nothing to jack with him, and lends the appearance of thoroughness in the pursuit of the truth and justice.
    mlr1m, Bad Bob and Hoganbeg like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Justified or not, we can all pretty much bank on doing a little jail time after using deadly force in a SD situation. It's to be expected I guess. I've never been in jail because I hear the food sucks.
    That's not quite true. Other than the recent cases getting all the media time, there's been several SD cases here that didn't involve any rides or jail times. It depends on the circumstances.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Missed the first article, first thing that comes to mind is "why didn't he drive off?"

He sure spent a long time in jail. I think that shooting was on August 25, 2012. That means the guy spent more than two weeks in jail. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Missed the first article, first thing that comes to mind is "why didn't he drive off?"
    Possibly the shock of being in a collision with a bicyclist caused him to stop and the shock of being punched repeatedly made him react the way he did. I guess he shouldve driven off, but it's hard to know how I wouldve reacted.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's not quite true. Other than the recent cases getting all the media time, there's been several SD cases here that didn't involve any rides or jail times. It depends on the circumstances.
    "Other than recent cases" being the operative phrase here.
    William T. Sherman

I can't find the reference right now, but it was stated that after the collision the driver put the truck in park and turned off the ignition prior to being attacked. So that would explain him not driving off.
    He was also released shortly after the incident - so he has not been in jail for all of this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    He sure spent a long time in jail. I think that shooting was on August 25, 2012. That means the guy spent more than two weeks in jail. Ouch.
    Article Posted: 08/30/2012 (Thursday)

"The Taylor man’s troubles started at 6:30 Wednesday evening"

Looks like he spent the night in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Article Posted: 08/30/2012 (Thursday)

"The Taylor man’s troubles started at 6:30 Wednesday evening"

Looks like he spent the night in jail.
    I misread that big time. I understood the original article was posed on 8/30/2012. My bad.

I can understand why the PD is doing what they are doing, they do not need another Zimmerman experience on there hands. The law is pretty clear on this type of SD encounter. The driver should walk walk IMO
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Sponsored Links