Results of investigation of police shooting here in Michigan released yesterday.

Results of investigation of police shooting here in Michigan released yesterday.

This is a discussion on Results of investigation of police shooting here in Michigan released yesterday. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't know if there has been any previous post about this incident. Prosecutor: Officers' lives on the line in Milton Hall shooting, no state ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Results of investigation of police shooting here in Michigan released yesterday.

I don't know if there has been any previous post about this incident.

Prosecutor: Officers' lives on the line in Milton Hall shooting, no state criminal charges | MLive.com

Back in July a mentally disturbed man was threatening people with a knife. Police responded. When the man approched the police he was shot and died.

According to the 911 tapes and testimony ALL eight or nine responding officers ordered the man to drop the knife. He was quoted and saying your going to have to kill me because I am going to kill one of you.

Of course the "family" of the man has been organizing vigils and protest, and the "Reverand" (all though I don't know if he has ever actually had a paid ministry position) Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have been to Saginaw.

One thing revealed in the prosocuter's press conference was that six officers fired over 40 rounds total at the suspect, but only 11 were hits. Most of those struck his arms and legs. The fatal shot was to his pancreas.

Yeah there was a thread that also had cell phone video of the shooting a couple of weeks ago.
    I love how the prosecuter is covering his rear by saying that just because he isn't doing anything doesn't mean the feds can't.

Here is the original thread:bad, ugly- was it a firing squad or justified?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    One thing revealed in the prosocuter's press conference was that six officers fired over 40 rounds total at the suspect, but only 11 were hits. Most of those struck his arms and legs. The fatal shot was to his pancreas.
    With their accuracy levels and shot placement they needed all six to fire.

Having seen the video I'm not sure I'd jump to the same conclusion as the prosecutor's office...

Distinguished Member
    Shooting this man was inexcusable. Non-lethal options were present. Where did the other 29+ rds. fired go? Situation should have been handled very differently. Seems a shame, I would like to see the entire video and audio. Wouldn't want to see any officers get hurt, but there seemed to be better ways to proceed.

Lead Moderator
    Without being there it is hard to judge distance. Someone with a knife being highly agitated starts walking toward you while ignoring commands then lethal force may be justified. Following the MI LE training force continuum a knife is a deadly weapon. Sounds like the guy wanted suicide by cop too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

O' Please Mr. Officer save us from this bad man, he has a knife.....But do it nice, we do not want anyone's feelings to get hurt...GET OVER IT....

This guy had a deadly weapon. The police responded to that deadly threat with a deadly threat of there own. Mr. BG didnt fair so well did he. If you want to go out in a blaze of glory, grab a deadly weapon and have a stand off with Police, you will get your wish. PC does not belong here.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Well seems cops like to use tasers alot, wonder why no taser here? But if they choose to shoot their weapons, they seem to be poor shots and needed many shots to do the job.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

I'm not about to second guess their method - even though I would not receive similar treatment.

lesson learned when a cop says “put the weapon down” do it
    awoodpd13 and darbo like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    lesson learned when a cop says “put the weapon down” do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    O' Please Mr. Officer save us from this bad man, he has a knife.....But do it nice, we do not want anyone's feelings to get hurt...GET OVER IT....

This guy had a deadly weapon. The police responded to that deadly threat with a deadly threat of there own. Mr. BG didnt fair so well did he. If you want to go out in a blaze of glory, grab a deadly weapon and have a stand off with Police, you will get your wish. PC does not belong here.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Without being there it is hard to judge distance. Someone with a knife being highly agitated starts walking toward you while ignoring commands then lethal force may be justified. Following the MI LE training force continuum a knife is a deadly weapon. Sounds like the guy wanted suicide by cop too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'm in this camp^^^^^^^^^^^

Why don't the family members and naysayer MMQ Backers grab a can of pepper spray, and have one of the officers charge them with a knife,
    Or better yet, give them a can of OC and a pistol W/O ammo, then have the officer charge them with a knife, and see which one they go for.
    What a bunch of panty waists
    awoodpd13, 3wggl and tbrenke like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I'm still caught up on how many hits there were and that out of all of the only 1 was fatal. Holy cow that is some bad shooting. I understand that stress was involved, but wow.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    They must have cross trained with the NYPD.

??? where did all the whiners come from?
    I am glad I do not live in your state.

a knife is a deadly weapon. force on force I would shoot also. The only difference is that I would not have had such a low hit count.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

If the statements and actions claimed attributed to him were real, then he was well and truly a deadly threat. Oftentimes, in this world, your actions beget certain completely-justifiable responses by those around you. Gonna murder someone, before you go? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I love how the prosecuter is covering his rear by saying that just because he isn't doing anything doesn't mean the feds can't.
    That is about the most-disturbing part of the whole affair: the idea that Fed interveners can take over if they don't like the result, despite the issue being just another local sort going off his meds. I've never understood why we, the People, allow such things to ever occur.
    oneshot and awoodpd13 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I guess they didn't have any tasers! Six armed cops against a knife and nobody thought to tase him. They probable would have missed anyway.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links