don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

This is a discussion on don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NO, take me to jail......OK....LMAO....that was funny.......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

NO, take me to jail......OK....LMAO....that was funny....
    ericb327 and barstoolguru like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    NO, take me to jail......OK....LMAO....that was funny....
    Yep, had to laugh! See how surprised she was!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Yup. Some belligerent idiots live long enough to get old. That doesn't mean that they should get a free pass from getting stuffed into the back of a cruiser.
    ericb327, darbo, oneshot and 1 others like this.

I think the LEO could have done things differently but I do not see what the fuss is about. The lady would not obey his commands and IMO had no intention of doing so. She repeatedly did not obey his command to provide a DL which is required under law.
    The laday was rude and IMO has pulled this stunt before to get out of tickets. She didn't seem to have a bladder problem during the incident and the time it took the supervisor to show up.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Yep, had to laugh! See how surprised she was!
    Yea, when she was in the police car, she was more than willing to comply at that point.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I have yet to see a state in which it's lawful to disregard a demand to produce DL/reg/insur during a legitimate stop. It's part of the agreement to obtain a DL ... which we each sign.
    GunGeezer likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
    +1 age is no excuse for being a jerk
    Says you! It's the purported consolation for my ever-creakening bones and joints!
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

I am willing to bet she was much more grandmotherly by the time the Chief got there.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

If nothing else, I hope this Trooper knocked her down a peg on her self-importance chart. I see people like this every day.
    barstoolguru, darbo and msgt/ret like this.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

thank god she didn't have a CHL; we would have had another canton, Ohio on our hands...he asked her for her lic and she refused. he asked her to get out; she refused. then he was obligated to do his job, you can tell she was is the type of person that will hold up a line at the store arguing over an out of date coupon
    ericb327 and FLArmadillo like this.

VIP Member
    My 85 year old FIL lives with us; my father lived to be 89. As they aged neither man was exactly the same person that I knew when they were younger. I noted that they both became more emotional, insecure and had poor judgement. I'm not saying that happens to every old person, and I'm not making an excuse for the 77 year old lady driver. I don't know her.

I do think the LEO may have rushed through his options too fast.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Yeah, this story becomes much sadder if her behaviour is related to some type of age-related cognitive decline.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I do think the LEO may have rushed through his options too fast.
    If she is mentally unstable and can't follow a simple command/request to produce a DL then she may not be able to make a quick decision in a pinch to avoid an accident. A "DL" is a privilege and not an "amendment" of rights

Some will say he was short with her but writing tickets is not a glory job. I am sure after a while it catches up to someone

Looks to me like a two fold "everything just went bad all at once" moment.

First off, the lady was caught speeding, 66 mph is what the cop clocked her as doing. Don't know what the limit was on that road, but obviously, 66 mph was over enough to warrant a traffic stop. She got caught and she was attempting to weasle her way out of a traffic citation clear and simple. She did not give the cop a chance to ask for DL etc when she started her "attitude" of needing to go to the bathroom, bladder infection blah blah.

That turned the Officer's crank and he went off on her in a split second, because he's used to dealing with crap like this just about everytime he pulls someone over for breaking the speed limit. It's a speed limit that's why they post it, that's why folks should obey it and getting ticketed for breaking that law is the end result.

In the end, I am going to have to stand up for the Cop because this gal had no initial intentions of getting caught speeding or getting a ticket plain and simple.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

She's in a hurry, but she'll give him the requested D/L, "... in a minute."

Yeah, she was just trying to weasel out of a ticket and he was done hearing excuses for the day. He may have been a little burned out and rushed the outcome, but I've got to side with the LEO on this one.
    bigdogtx likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links