don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

This is a discussion on don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm I have yet to see a state in which it's lawful to disregard a demand to produce DL/reg/insur during a legitimate ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I have yet to see a state in which it's lawful to disregard a demand to produce DL/reg/insur during a legitimate stop. It's part of the agreement to obtain a DL ... which we each sign.
    Too bad they didn't add "proof of citizenship status"!
    msgt/ret and RKflorida like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Too bad they didn't add "proof of citizenship status"!
    Yeah, then we would have to pick our own vegetables and take jobs instead of draining welfare dry! I see people on food stamps with 8 kids complaining about "Mexicans"!
    shooter76blue likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

When I get pulled over, I have my driver's license in hand before the officer even gets to my window. This woman was just being obstinate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    A "DL" is a privilege and not an "amendment" of rights
    If "mentally unstable" equals poor judgement and being obstinate, I guess she might fit that definition?

IIRC in Texas, one can drive until they are 95, after that they can still get a DL, but the requirements are more stringent. Is an older persons reflexes worse as they age? I'd say yes they are, I'm not near her age, but I'm not as quick as I was at one time. Politicians aren't quick to pass legislation to deter older folks from driving, they'd lose a large block of voters if so.

Repeat, I'm not defending her but I've seen and experienced unreasonable decision-making in older folks like that many times. Whoever you may be, nurse, doctor, cashier, or leo, sometimes a bit of patience will get you a long way with them.
    JayTee likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret_Storm View Post
    When I get pulled over, I have my driver's license in hand before the officer even gets to my window.
    Ditto, here. Though I rarely get pulled over. Particularly during this transitional period (CHL's), everyone's learning the ropes. Just seems like common sense to avoid being seen as doing a great imitation of a felon reaching quickly for a weapon. Keeps things nice, orderly and calm ... as it should be.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

i see people on food stamps buying prime stakes and lobster tails king crab legs. i have a job and i can't justify buying those items
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Yeah, then we would have to pick our own vegetables and take jobs instead of draining welfare dry! I see people on food stamps with 8 kids complaining about "Mexicans"!
    ericb327 and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Why do so many people make things more difficult than need be?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Why do so many people make things more difficult than need be?
    The entitlement society gone awry, IMO.

So many seem to feel entitled to partake of any activity when/where desired, to disrespect others at will, to disregard legitimate lawful authority, to harm others. I'm betting she had no decent parenting and mentoring while being raised, instilling the character foundation that would help keep her sane and whole for a lifetime.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Kinda reminds me of a lady that truly believes she's above the law and, 'how dare he pull me over during the course of my day, I gotta pee!'...
    Poseidon and Spirit51 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Kinda reminds me of a lady that truly believes she's above the law and, 'how dare he pull me over during the course of my day, I gotta pee!'...
    Kinda reminded me of an older loudmouthed female cousin of mine. That fact may of unduly influenced my reaction of full support for the officer. I have wanted to do something like that to her ever since she babysit for me when I was a child.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Kinda reminded me of an older loudmouthed female cousin of mine. That fact may of unduly influenced my reaction of full support for the officer. I have wanted to do something like that to her ever since she babysit for me when I was a child.

Michael
    Holding on to that anger are we? haha
    mlr1m and BrotherFrank like this.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Yeah, this story becomes much sadder if her behaviour is related to some type of age-related cognitive decline.
    Then she shouldn't be driving a vehicle.

Makes me think of that sign: keep calm and carry on.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Then she shouldn't be driving a vehicle.
    Absolutely, and she might not even realise. There's a reasonable chance that she's suffering from age-related dementia, which erodes the ability to self-assess. This means that she might not actually deserve our antipathy; and this might have very little to do with her previous decades of life. Of course, we don't have enough information about her background; but the odds are non-trivial. 13.9 percent of people age
    71 and older in the United States have dementia.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I love the gaping mouth she had when she was being pulled from the car. Arrogance turned to disbelief! Priceless!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links