don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit - Page 4

don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

This is a discussion on don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When our government employees violate citizen's rights, I am among the first to point this out and object to it. In this instance, I did ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

VIP Member
    When our government employees violate citizen's rights, I am among the first to point this out and object to it. In this instance, I did not see a thing that the cop did that was wrong. The woman refused legal commands from the cop, was beligerent and asked to be arrested. The cop, while possibly working through his options a bit quicker than he otherwise might have, obliged her. I have no problem with that.
    ccw9mm, suntzu, ericb327 and 1 others like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
    She wasn't arrested because the Chief was the calmer of the three heads. Granny was wrong for being hard headed. The Cop was wrong in his handling of the situation as well. The Police Chief more than likely understood that the video would become public and the only way to mitigate an already bad situation was to let the woman go with the tickets rather than face booking and release. Furthermore, the city attorney/district attorney would not want to touch this kind of resisting arrest case with a ten foot pole.

I got to agree with you. Granny hit the ground pretty hard, and could have easily broken a hip.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yup. Some belligerent idiots live long enough to get old. That doesn't mean that they should get a free pass from getting stuffed into the back of a cruiser.

^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^
    Ma Barker was "just an old lady" too I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I think the LEO could have done things differently but I do not see what the fuss is about. The lady would not obey his commands and IMO had no intention of doing so. She repeatedly did not obey his command to provide a DL which is required under law.
    The laday was rude and IMO has pulled this stunt before to get out of tickets. She didn't seem to have a bladder problem during the incident and the time it took the supervisor to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Yea, when she was in the police car, she was more than willing to comply at that point.

^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

I'm in this camp here

This old baggle disobeyed a simple directive to produce her DL and Ins.

Then dared him to arrest her.
    What the H.E. Double Hockey Sticks was he supposed to do?
    If she was in that urgent a need to go to the bathroom, she should have went to a place that had a restroom and took care of it.
    She was playing him like a fiddle, only he wasn't dancing.
    If I was the chief,she would have gone downtown, especially after reviewing the tape.
    When she was initially in her vehicle still, and he was asking for the info. she was smirking and testing him.
    "Ill give it to you after,,"blah blah blah............
    Spirit51 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    she was ... testing him.
    When, in reality, she was actually testing herself. She just didn't know it.

Ding! Well, that attempted manipulation didn't work. Time to rethink.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have to go with the old cliche' , two wrongs don't make a right. I don't think either one of them behaved with any sense.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I have to go with the old cliche' , two wrongs don't make a right.
    True, however 2 lefts make a U-Turn.....
    BrotherFrank likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I am known for heated arguments with LEO here, and I openly admit that I HATE cops.

That said, I am also not an idiot. This lady was plain wrong period. She was ordered to hand over her ID, she did not. She claimed to have an infection and needed to use the restroom, then dared the officer to arrest her. She then stood defiant for at least 5 seconds before that cop grabbed her.

How is this officer wrong, even one teeny tiny bit? She was being a huge jerk, and dared him to arrest her. This is no contempt of cop, she actually disobeyed a lawful order.

What are people bagging on this officer for?
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
    +1 age is no excuse for being a jerk
    Neither is being a cop.....

I have no sympathy for the old girl. You can tell she is just a bully...not the officer. She decided how the entire thing would go...he tired to be reasonable. The officer didn't pull her out onto her face....like I have seen officers do in other cases. He pulled her out as gently as he could...onto her big cushioned butt. This woman is a true piece of work. You can tell she has been doing this her entire life and it has worked for her, but not this time. The officer did NOTHING wrong. It just goes to show that be careful of what you ask for...you just might get it, Nana.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Yes, incidents like this are the downside of "law enforcement"

We may hate laws and the people who enforce them, but golly gee, without laws, we'd be in world of hurt.

Apparently this gal doesn't want to abide by laws and live outside of them. That makes her an "outlaw" in one sense.

Like some have said, not getting any sympathy from me Granny. Should have complied but she lied. Now she pays the piper.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links