don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

This is a discussion on don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This reminds me of the two NYC guys traveling through Texas and they get pulled over by a state trooper for speeding. The trooper walks ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

don't mess with Texas (cops)... give them your DL/ permit

This reminds me of the two NYC guys traveling through Texas and they get pulled over by a state trooper for speeding. The trooper walks up to the driver’s side window and asked the driver for his DL and insurance. The driver starts mouthing off about how he is a big NYC attorney and he is going to have his badge. The trooper opens the door and pulls him out and whacks him with the night stick a couple of times and then lets him get back into the car.

Then he goes over to the passenger side and jerks the passenger out and whacks him a couple of times and the passenger says "hey, I didn't say anything". the trooper replies “that is just in case you get down the road and think about saying "if he would have done that to me I would have kicked his butt"

babarock and Spade115 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Good or Bad -- You Decide.....

Maybe the officer should have used a bit of discretion given the circumstances.
    RichB70 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Already running - threads merged.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Looks like both parties were acting like idiots. Not sure I have much else to offer. If either would have acted differently, the whole going to jail or having to book someone in could have been avoided.

If the lady was in such a hurry, surely just handing it over and being on her way afterwards would of been a hell of a lot quicker than what ended up happening was.

Not really happy about seeing granny dragged out of a vehicle but she didn't seem like the type that would get out on her own either..

Sent from my palm device
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    Gosh, what a mess. I feel sorry for the lady, but all she had to do was give him what he asked for. The officer might have checked her DL and given her a warning, then let her go. Just a guess. I would not want my mother treated like that. The story seemed to have a somewhat happy ending after the Chief arrived. Hope she was not injured.

I seen nothing majorly wrong with what the LEO did because she was belligerent & refused the most basic request. He then after she said arrest her asked her to exit the vehicle which she refused so he helped her.

Old, young doesn't matter she was the one in the wrong IMO.

In this case LEO was doing his job.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

VIP Member
    While I do not like seeing granny hauled out of her vehicle she brought it upon herself, common sense should tell you the first thing an LEO is going to ask for is license and registration. Comply and things will go so much smoother.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by DrahtDog View Post
    Looks like both parties were acting like idiots. Not sure I have much else to offer. If either would have acted differently, the whole going to jail or having to book someone in could have been avoided.
    I did not see the part where the officer acted like an idiot. Where was it? Had he used a stun gun or night stick on her I would agree with you, but he did not. He used the minimum amount of force possible.
    Looks like a good job by the officer unless I am missing something.

Michael
    Arborigine and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I did not see the part where the officer acted like an idiot. Where was it? Had he used a stun gun or night stick on her I would agree with you, but he did not. He used the minimum amount of force possible.
    Looks like a good job by the officer unless I am missing something.

Michael
    I guess the acting like an idiot part would be him losing his temper and dragging a 77 year old woman out and on the ground when it wasnt necessary. He probably could have spent about 15 more seconds and resolved the situation calmly. Instead he drug her out onto the ground, detained her, then waited for the chief to show up and she was released. All that took alot longer than talking to her for a few more seconds. He either changed his mind, the chief told him not to arrest her, or the hot sign came on at the krispy creme, Im not sure why she wasnt arrested? You would tend to think if you have to drag somebody out of a car because that was the best or only option, you would arrest them.

In our town, we find that a LOT of the 'resisting arrest' type offenses are laid by a small cohort of constables. It's almost like their ability to handle a situation calmly is different from the rest of the cops.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

She wasn't arrested because the Chief was the calmer of the three heads. Granny was wrong for being hard headed. The Cop was wrong in his handling of the situation as well. The Police Chief more than likely understood that the video would become public and the only way to mitigate an already bad situation was to let the woman go with the tickets rather than face booking and release. Furthermore, the city attorney/district attorney would not want to touch this kind of resisting arrest case with a ten foot pole.

+1 age is no excuse for being a jerk

She thought she was gonna tell the officer how to do his job - I'm sure he's tired of hearing the bathroom excuse. It was brave of him to call her bluff and risk getting pee all over his back seat . Course, she didn't pee in his car, so I'm thinking she was lying about her emergency. In the end, I think she deserved a trip to the gray bar inn.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    She didn't look all that frail to me, I imagine she's been getting away with crap like that all her life.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links