Man repels thief using 16 rounds Good argument against mag limits.

This is a discussion on Man repels thief using 16 rounds Good argument against mag limits. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Im not upset. ;-) lol...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Man repels thief using 16 rounds Good argument against mag limits.

Im not upset. ;-) lol

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    now you know this is going to upset the folks that carry those little 6 shot mouse guns that think they have all the need
    Actually I thought it was going to upset those that don't carry 48 more rounds in extra magazines and think they have all that they need.
    barstoolguru likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I am not a judge, but 16 rounds for one person seems a bit excessive.
    It's probably a good thing that you're not a judge.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    now you know this is going to upset the folks that carry those little 6 shot mouse guns that think they have all the need
    Too bad you weren't there with your "Glock - 1911 - Whatever," to save the day.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

To shoot and not knowing where 16 rounds are going is Irresponsible. Why save yourself and then go to jail for life or be bankrupt because you shot without looking; Some things are worse than death.
    Last edited by barstoolguru; September 15th, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

I really don't think is an example we want to use to justify haveing high cap magazines. Good grief....I am surprised the Brady Bunch doesn't use this guy as THEIR poster child for high caps. Just picture the ad for it:
    GG shooting at BG with 30 bystanders around. At the end of the ad they show the only person standing is the BG with dead bodies around and the GG reloading..

Just saying I would distance myself from using this as an example. Better ones would be where the GG actually hit the BG multiple times and needed to keep shooting.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Keep pulling until it stops going bang...then reload.
    darbo and OldVet like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I think this guy did great he did what he had to do to save the lives of his family and himself all the while having a round lodged in his shoulder and a broken collar bone.....he may not have hit the BG however he may have not had his shooting hand available it may have all been week hand shooting just as an attempt to drive him away....

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrjunkie View Post
    I think this guy did great he did what he had to do to save the lives of his family and himself all the while having a round lodged in his shoulder and a broken collar bone.....he may not have hit the BG however he may have not had his shooting hand available it may have all been week hand shooting just as an attempt to drive him away....
    This is why we should train and practice for those off the wall situations that some here say there is no need to defend against because they will never happen in their or your life time.

We have no idea what we may face or when we will face it so that's why you need to train for the worse possible situation you can think of. Hopefully you will never need to defend against it but you can if you have to. As the saying goes "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

^^^^^I agree 100% I did mean that as if its an excuse there are just so many factors within such a situation I just chose that one to name specifically. but yes training with the non dominant hand is absolutely a must for a situation like this one for example^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    The guy was shot in his shoulder before grabbing his own gun - I wonder which shoulder was hit. Glad he was able to drive the BG away!
    yeah probably his gun arm. good reason to practice off hand.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    I am not a judge, but 16 rounds for one person seems a bit excessive. That takes double tap to a new level.
    Thank god you are not a judge. To many good people would be held to your standard...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I think the GG did the best he could and won the fight. No others injured, and they survived the encounter. One thought though - maybe a better outcome if the wife had returned fire rather than her wounded husband. If your partner isn't proficient with the car gun then maybe a range trip is in order before the weather turns cold... ;-)
    Have Laptop, Will Travel

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    I am not a judge, but 16 rounds for one person seems a bit excessive. That takes double tap to a new level.
    In all fairness, it was 16 attempts to hit once, not 16 hits.

No spell-checker with Tapatalk, sorry.

I'm glad I don't live next to him ... if he's shooting off rounds and can't hit his target.

Needs some range time.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links