Man repels thief using 16 rounds Good argument against mag limits.

This is a discussion on Man repels thief using 16 rounds Good argument against mag limits. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hopewell restaurant owner recovering after being shot by intruder | Richmond Times-Dispatch "With a bullet in him, Pop proceeded to get his gun from underneath ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Man repels thief using 16 rounds Good argument against mag limits.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Hopewell restaurant owner recovering after being shot by intruder | Richmond Times-Dispatch

"With a bullet in him, Pop proceeded to get his gun from underneath the seat of his truck and he shoots back 16 times," Nugent said. The intruder began to run away but then turned when he got to a corner of the home's rear deck and fired at Purdie.

"Kenny was still shooting at him and the person ran off," Nugent said. Police don't believe the intruder was hit by the gunfire, Kei said.
    Yeah OK his aim could have been better, but at least he drove the BG away from his wife, and saved both their lives.
    beararms likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Even though somewhat lacking in accuracy at least he had the tenacity to fight back and save himself and his family.
    JerryMac likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I am not a judge, but 16 rounds for one person seems a bit excessive. That takes double tap to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

Yeah OK his aim could have been better, but at least he drove the BG away from his wife, and saved both their lives.
    The guy was shot in his shoulder before grabbing his own gun - I wonder which shoulder was hit. Glad he was able to drive the BG away!
    Fausty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    I am not a judge, but 16 rounds for one person seems a bit excessive. That takes double tap to a new level.
    When it's your life or theirs..... there is no "excessive". I can imagine in the heat of the moment, his trigger finger was on auto pilot.
    jbum and goldshellback like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    Shoot to stop the threat. The BG was still shooting from the corner of the house before he fled.
    Lish, goldshellback and beararms like this.

I don't care if it was 16 rounds, or 160. As long as no innocents were injured, who cares?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

In pain, perhaps hanging on to consciousness, and definitely in shock, it's remarkable that he could get the gun and start shooting at the guy. It's not like the movies, it hurts and your body reacts in ways not helpful to good shooting. I think he did great.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Shoot whatcha got--10 rds, 16, 19, 100... Whatever it takes to save yourself.
    JerryMac, danfive555 and Sejune like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    The intruder apparently had parked his car some distance from the home but left behind some evidence. Investigators have not yet determined its value to the case, Kei said.
    After dodging 16 shots, I'm guessing the evidence left behind was (how can I say this?) some fairly dirty pants!
    Secret Spuk and JerryMac like this.

VIP Member
    Shot in the shoulder, fracture collarbone, and life for death for him and his wife. I wonder if I'd be able to hit the broad side of a barn. But the gun served its purpose, allowing him to drive the evil doer off and save his life and his wife's life.
    JerryMac likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Shoot to stop the threat. The BG was still shooting from the corner of the house before he fled.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I don't care if it was 16 rounds, or 160. As long as no innocents were injured, who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    In pain, perhaps hanging on to consciousness, and definitely in shock, it's remarkable that he could get the gun and start shooting at the guy. It's not like the movies, it hurts and your body reacts in ways not helpful to good shooting. I think he did great.

^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm in this camp here.

The guy did alright under the circumstances, and came out on top primarily because of a warrior spirit, which he may or may not have known he had.
    Lish, RKflorida, JerryMac and 1 others like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I'm glad the man was able to defend his family, and hopes he has a full recovery.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

With a bullet in him, Pop proceeded to get his gun from underneath the seat of his truck and he shoots back 16 times," Nugent said. The intruder began to run away but then turned when he got to a corner of the home's rear deck and fired at Purdie.
    now you know this is going to upset the folks that carry those little 6 shot mouse guns that think they have all the need

He remained focused on the goal: to ensure you and your loved ones survive the encounter. All else is secondary. Kudos to him, for doing everything he had to do.

May the attempted murderer be found and held accountable.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links