West Bloomfield police officer struck down

This is a discussion on West Bloomfield police officer struck down within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Slain West Bloomfield officer hailed for devotion to family, faith, work | City of Detroit | Detroit Free Press | freep.com From article; Patrick O'Rourke, ...

Thread: West Bloomfield police officer struck down

VIP Member

West Bloomfield police officer struck down

Slain West Bloomfield officer hailed for devotion to family, faith, work | City of Detroit | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

From article;

Patrick O'Rourke, the 39-year-old West Bloomfield police officer struck down by a bullet Sunday night, was laid to rest Friday in Fenton.

As a late summer breeze blew and sunshine replaced memories of a rainy morning, hundreds of police officers, firefighters and others from across Michigan and parts of Canada stood in St. John Cemetery to pay their final respects.

The 12-year veteran and father of four was shot when he and other officers went to assist someone they believed to be suicidal Sunday night.

It was said he was one of the nicest police officers out there.
    On Thurday the 13 of Sept. tthey had a lot of people on the corners of W. Bloomfield collecting for his family.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

Godspeed and prayers to his family.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

My prayers for the family he left behind. Go with God, Officer O'Rourke, your duty is done. God Bless.

My prayers for his wife and four wee babes.

West Bloomfield resident.

Links