Former West Point football player dies in accidental shooting at Connecticut home - Page 2

Former West Point football player dies in accidental shooting at Connecticut home

This is a discussion on Former West Point football player dies in accidental shooting at Connecticut home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by suntzu You are also going under an assumption that the man did not know anything about firearms. If he went to West ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Former West Point football player dies in accidental shooting at Connecticut home

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You are also going under an assumption that the man did not know anything about firearms. If he went to West Point he would have under gone firearms training during Cadet Basic Training. That nullifies your argument that firearms training would have prevented this tragic accident.
    - At a minimum, he would have had to take the 8 hour NRA safety course to receive a CT permit. I'm guessing he wasn't paying attention when they went over the basic safety rules.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - At a minimum, he would have had to take the 8 hour NRA safety course to receive a CT permit. I'm guessing he wasn't paying attention when they went over the basic safety rules.
    I don't beleive it said he had a permit...do you need training in CT to purchase a gun?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The round was HIDDEN? SAD. Fortunately, for others present his stupidity only cost him HIS life.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I don't beleive it said he had a permit...do you need training in CT to purchase a gun?
    - There's a link to a longer version of the article at the bottom.

Stamford Police Capt. Richard Conklin said Dixon, who obtained his pistol permit in the last six months, may have believed the weapon he was holding had a magazine disconnect safety, which makes the gun inoperable when the magazine is removed.

CT requires a 8 hour NRA safety course, finger printing and then a FBI background check before granting a permit.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Hidden cartridge in the chamber." Sounds like another way to scare the sheep into thinking that you can't tell if there is a round in the chamber.
    8th ID and FreeFalling like this.

All my guns are loaded all the time. Every single instant of every single second. Even when disassembled on the downstairs table.

Something like this should NEVER happen.

edit: It's been said, but using the word, "hidden" is so stupid. Like the chamber isn't designed to hold a freaking bullet. Or like it crawled up in there on its own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links