Ugly: 17-year-old-dies-after-shooting-50-year-old-man - Page 2

Ugly: 17-year-old-dies-after-shooting-50-year-old-man

This is a discussion on Ugly: 17-year-old-dies-after-shooting-50-year-old-man within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I say Good! A 17 year old punk out robbing folks at gun point today, will just end up being a loathsome thug on our ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ugly: 17-year-old-dies-after-shooting-50-year-old-man

I say Good! A 17 year old punk out robbing folks at gun point today, will just end up being a loathsome thug on our society later on. If he/they shot at the older gentleman and ended up dead because of it, truthfully, that makes my day. I just wish he could have got all three of the um. Sounds like he would possibly be inadvertently saving the life of some innocent victim some day by removing a novice violent individual from the timeline. Thumbs high to the gentleman IMO...

IMO, too many little monsters running around out there doing whatever the hell they want, and if the parents aren't going to step up to the plate and take charge of their little creations then so be it. It's a hard and cruel world out there and if they wanna play rough oh well, better be ready to take the medicine that comes with it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Notice the news article called him a "boy". If you're out committing armed robbery you are not a boy. This was a 17 year old savage that needed to be taken down like a bad dog. The weeping should be because his parents failed in their job to beat is butt when he was being raised. He is only one of millions we will have to deal with and as society becomes more permissive, their behavior will become worse. They are even running in packs to commit violence, something I've never seen in my life. America better get over crying for these animals and start looking to the source of the problem, the parents. Our society cannot handle another generation or two of increasing violence and evil behavior.
    You need to step back about three steps. I know a young man in prison right now for shooting a man. He is one of 5 children. The other four are great people and productive people in society. They were all raised the same. Dad beat their butts and mom didn't put up with any sass. What he is wasn't because of his parents. People need to stop thinking you can blame it all on the parents. How about the person who calls the police because you spank your child at the store when they act up. This person has some blame too. How about the schools who tell the children your parents can't physically punish you or children's services who tell parents they can't ground their step child because it causes problems between the family's. There are a great many to blame when kids-young adults go wrong and it isn't always the parents.
    suntzu, msgt/ret and revldm like this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Is it bad that I laughed?

good, one less threat around my area... hopefully the other morons will take note and try to get real jobs

Why so much blame on the parents? At the end of the day, a person will do what they want to. There's plenty of criminals behind bars who grew up in wonderful homes and were taught right from Wrong.

Anyways, glad the old fella is alive to live another day.

Sent from my palm device
    revldm likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Notice the news article called him a "boy". If you're out committing armed robbery you are not a boy. This was a 17 year old savage that needed to be taken down like a bad dog. The weeping should be because his parents failed in their job to beat is butt when he was being raised. He is only one of millions we will have to deal with and as society becomes more permissive, their behavior will become worse. They are even running in packs to commit violence, something I've never seen in my life. America better get over crying for these animals and start looking to the source of the problem, the parents. Our society cannot handle another generation or two of increasing violence and evil behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    You need to step back about three steps. I know a young man in prison right now for shooting a man. He is one of 5 children. The other four are great people and productive people in society. They were all raised the same. Dad beat their butts and mom didn't put up with any sass. What he is wasn't because of his parents. People need to stop thinking you can blame it all on the parents. How about the person who calls the police because you spank your child at the store when they act up. This person has some blame too. How about the schools who tell the children your parents can't physically punish you or children's services who tell parents they can't ground their step child because it causes problems between the family's. There are a great many to blame when kids-young adults go wrong and it isn't always the parents.
    I happen to agree with both ya guys. Of course its not always the parents' fault, but in a lot of cases you can pretty much trace it back to an unhealthy family environment and lack of discipline. There will be those "black sheep" for sure, but I strongly believe the way you are raised when young plays a huge part in your decision-making later on.

One thing is certain, and RKflorida touched on this, it seems like each new generation is becoming a little more violent and reckless than the previous.

Watch your six out there.

Good ending to a bad story! Would have been better if he had got all three.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

What if the "Gentleman" in the Malibu was a grown up hoody with a record as long as your arm and knew full well what the four were up to? The article leaves a lot to the imagination but how many bullets in the car. Of course I am for CCW and permits and 17 yo thugs are bad news but I also understand newspaper reporters. Maybe it was a good clean shoot but the article does not give enough information to make a call. Was it a drug deal gone bad? Maybe the guy was waiting for his wife like I often do.

"If you don't read the papers you are uninformed. If you read the papers, you are misinformed." Mark Twain reporter and writer near here for a while in Virginia City.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Parents do the best they know how. Some of us are lucky enough to be born into good families with strong parenting skills. Others get a home life that doesn't even pass as a family. It's up to the individual to make the best of what they've been given. Some people born into hell-holes do amazingly well. Others born with a silver spoon seem to have more in common with a demon that a human being. Ultimately the responsibility for what you are in life rests squarely on your shoulders.
    minimalbrat likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links