Ugly: 17-year-old-dies-after-shooting-50-year-old-man

This is a discussion on Ugly: 17-year-old-dies-after-shooting-50-year-old-man within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 17-year-old dies after shooting at 50-year-old man | City of Detroit | Detroit Free Press | freep.com Sad that such a young man decided to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ugly: 17-year-old-dies-after-shooting-50-year-old-man

17-year-old dies after shooting at 50-year-old man | City of Detroit | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Sad that such a young man decided to act so foolish. I hope that our misguided youths are starting to pay attention. Law abiding citizens in Michigan stand a good chance of being armed!

On the other hand it is a good thing the man was armed and could right back. He more than likely saved the taxpayers years and years of dealing with the now deceased young man who more than likely would have been in and out of prison his entire life.
    msgt/ret, ccw9mm and Brad426 like this.

17-year-old dies after shooting at 50-year-old man
    It looks like he just won first prize playing a stupid game. I'm deeply saddened.
    msgt/ret and Rock and Glock like this.

Natural Selection occurred again. Nature always wins.

I hope the fifty year old gent does not have any problems as a result of this.

Michael

The 17-year-old made his choice. And so did the man, by choosing to protect himself. Shoot at me, I'm going to shoot back.
    Brad426 and beararms like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

17 year-old's last thoughts: I KNEW it was a bad idea to hold my gun sideways!
    Last edited by mprp; September 17th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Notice the news article called him a "boy". If you're out committing armed robbery you are not a boy. This was a 17 year old savage that needed to be taken down like a bad dog. The weeping should be because his parents failed in their job to beat is butt when he was being raised. He is only one of millions we will have to deal with and as society becomes more permissive, their behavior will become worse. They are even running in packs to commit violence, something I've never seen in my life. America better get over crying for these animals and start looking to the source of the problem, the parents. Our society cannot handle another generation or two of increasing violence and evil behavior.
    JayTee likes this.

The Title is misleading,A thug Robber died after trying to commit an armed robbery and felonious assault on a victim that was armed and stopped this POS from engaging in any more criminal activity.I don't feel sorry for thugs they made a decision to be thugs and rob people that go to work to provide for their families.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sad that such a young man decided to act so foolish. I hope that our misguided youths are starting to pay attention. Law abiding citizens in Michigan stand a good chance of being armed!
    IMO, the only really sad thing, here, is that he attempted to take others with him. He should have simply slit his own throat and been done with it, if he was so on the edge. Dare to attempt to take everything from another, and you get what you get.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Dare to attempt to take everything from another, and you get what you get.

^^^^THIS right here!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

One less criminal for law abiding citizens to have to worry about. Too bad the other three punks got away.
    ep1953 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    One more example of why one shouldn't mess with old men--especially armed ones.
    msgt/ret and ep1953 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Michigan Sees Spike in Concealed Carry Permits
    In Michigan, where the number of permit holders has doubled over last five years, one in 26 legal adult residents has a permit.

Michigan Sees Spike in Concealed Carry Permits

I know permits are up across the nation. I wonder how many times a day we walk by someone who is packing and not even knowing it. Now a days with the way things are going you just never know. Criminals need to watch their backs just as much as we do now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    IMO, the only really sad thing, here, is that he attempted to take others with him. He should have simply slit his own throat and been done with it, if he was so on the edge. Dare to attempt to take everything from another, and you get what you get.
    I'd have to agree with this sentiment. Sounds to me like the kid signed up for his one way ticket voluntarily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links