Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed?

This is a discussion on Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If it would be so difficult to put in an IV insert a PIC line instead, problem solved....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed?

VIP Member
    If it would be so difficult to put in an IV insert a PIC line instead, problem solved.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    He's Too BIG To Fail.
    ROFL!

You know, using this logic, the sad thing is there have been people too black, too white, too tall and too short that were unjustly punished for their crimes by not playing THAT card.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I have to admit that the inmates lawyer does offer some good arguments as to why each State needs to offer a backup system of executions. Many methods could be used if the basic method has problems. Inmates might be offered the option of say lethal injection, firing squad or other approved methods.

Michael

VIP Member
    I read the article earlier today. My thought on it was, if they can't get a vein in the arm, go to the ankle/foot area. May take a beat or 2 longer to do the job, but so what.
    ccman likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Post's request for gastric bypass surgery has been denied,
    Wouldn't it be just as difficult to find a vein when doing this surgery as it would be to find one when being executed? Also if the gurney used during execution would not hold him why not use the one that he was perfectly willing to lay on if had had the surgery he asked for?

Michael
    mprp likes this.

Four years ago, an Ohio State University medical center nurse needed three attempts to insert an IV into Post's left arm, the lawyers wrote.

So what, multiple sticks isn't an uncommon occurrence even with skinny people. There's other places to stick a needle.

Other methods: who cares if a hanged man is decapitated, his neck is broke already anyway. Of course, it's a messier cleanup.

What is wrong with these judges, call BS on this stuff now.

"FWIW: 140 prisoners that were sentenced to death since the 60's have been freed."

Not disputing innocent people have been executed and are sitting on death row, but in those 50 yrs there have been about 10 Presidents that have pardoned far too many murderers, rapists, etc, not to mention Governors as they left office.

This just happened a couple of months ago:
    In a stunning goodbye, exiting Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour pardoned 210 state inmates, just moments before he left office this morning. ...

While it’s difficult at first glance to know the back-story of each and every pardon, what’s most striking is the number of pardons for violent crimes — nearly a dozen for murder, and two for statutory rape....

Barbour was already under fire for pardoning five prisoners who were assigned to cook and clean at the governor’s mansion in Jackson. Four of those men were convicted of murder, and 40-year-old David Gatlin had just been denied parole just two weeks before. ...

Question I have is, how did he get this fat on prison food? Why didnt they just put him on a diet 5 years ago?
    ccman likes this.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

They could always just force the guy to eat deep fried Twinkies for a month, then make him run a mile...
    That would finish the job...

VIP Member
    I've got a good idea for a quick weight loss solution for this chump.

Take our weight challenged felon, put him in a fenced in area the size of a football field with a 6 ft. high fence around it with a ladder leading to a platform deck 8 ft off the ground set in the center.
    Tie a pork chop or two around his neck, and insert two hungry Dutch Shepards into the enclosure.
    ccman likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

25 years ??? waiting for appeals and sentence....that is nothing but a revenue source for legal aid...the living victims of this mutts crime must be powerless...you get the justice you deserve....

Two choices :
    * bullet to the head (quick and fast)
    * end of a strong rope (quick and fast).
    ccman likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Committed the murder in 1988! He's already lived too long! Forget about the veins and the gurney, roll him in on the floor or better yet, fry him in his own fat! It's the same old crap, the victim's rights mean nothing, we'd be violating the poor criminal's rights by making him suffer. He doesn't need a gastric bypass, a rope around his neck will do the same thing.
    Problem with hanging him is that being that fat...his head might pop off. Might as well use a guillotine. I think a firing squad would work. They put down horses with injections.....use that on him. I ran a call at the KC stockyards. They use a jack hammer thing and hit them in the head. If it is good enough for cows...it should work for him. In the words of a living great American..."Get r Done!"
    msgt/ret, ccman and mano3 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I still stand by the guillotine... Otherwise just jam a grenade where the sun don't shine & pull the pin...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I still stand by the guillotine... Otherwise just jam a grenade where the sun don't shine & pull the pin...
    Ewwww can't you pull the pin and then insert? I wouldn't want to retrieve the pin after.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links