Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed?

This is a discussion on Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin While I totally agree with your suggestion, I'd rather he be subjected to a smaller caliber with multiple shots being required.. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed?

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    While I totally agree with your suggestion, I'd rather he be subjected to a smaller caliber with multiple shots being required.. I'm thinking a S&W M&P1522 x 2 mags would make payment for the 30 years the public had to feed and house his sorry butt.
    Whats that like 2.00 worth of ammo if that? I'll spare it.
    Regards,
    nicklikesHK

"Does anyone else care that California is taking away our rights, one right at a time? HELP US!!"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Ewwww can't you pull the pin and then insert? I wouldn't want to retrieve the pin after.
    Haff ta - otherwise the spoon won't fly.

... and what's wrong with his head popping off, just put down some plastic first.

They should bring back the guillotine - it is fast, merciful, and what a public effect! And, weight matters not. Oh yes - one additional benefit of this and all methods - no second offenders!

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Starve him to death.
    Good idea BUT that would take another 20 years!!!!

Maybe he has a thyroid issue or something.. I can't imagine prison food being that filling. Ridiculous excuse either way. Surely there's a vein on this guy that'll work just fine.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Maybe he has a thyroid issue or something.. I can't imagine prison food being that filling. Ridiculous excuse either way. Surely there's a vein on this guy that'll work just fine.
    If it were a thyroid issue prison medical should have caught it and placed him on an appropriate mitigation program (unless he refused the treatment in which case a claim to being too fat would have been a direct result of his own action other than just gorging himself). If that is the case I would argue he undercut any argument regarding weight.

As a tax payer I would not object to some money going towards a high carb, high fat, high caffeen diet. Maybe provoke nature to just run its course. Too fat for execution? Never too fat to die.

On second thought he might enjoy the diet. But a heart attack with a forced DNR order might not be so pleasant.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Just set him about a mile offfshore on a raft with a C-4 headband. Shark food. Easterners still dump their garbage is the sea, right?
    oneshot likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Cellulite defense, eh?

He's on death row for the crime; the fat is ancillary. The extreme violence of the person is what's being removed from society; the fat won't hardly be a hindrance.

Of course, removal of the drain on the citizens is a nice side benefit of which his fellow citizens shouldn't be too disapproving.
    Adrenaline likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    ^^
    That's all well and good unless you happen to be one of those it turns out years later were innocent to begin with. There's a reason for the process, as lengthy and abused at times as it is.
    I agree...some cases should be appealed and possibly overturned. But I'd use as an example the guy who shot up the movie theater. His execution should be swift with no delays. No need for years of appeals for Lawyers to suck money from the system.

For those that don't like the death penalty let me ask you this ... what do you do with a mad dog?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I've heard of 'eating your way out of military service', but 'eating your way out of the death penalty' - geez!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I agree...some cases should be appealed and possibly overturned. But I'd use as an example the guy who shot up the movie theater. His execution should be swift with no delays. No need for years of appeals for Lawyers to suck money from the system.

For those that don't like the death penalty let me ask you this ... what do you do with a mad dog?
    You miss the point as well as many that try to argue why the death penalty should exist and try to use analogies. I am glad you didn't ask "what if it was your wife that was raped and murdered, would you feel different?". That is an oldie but goodie.

Most folks that are against the death penalty are for either religious or philosophical reasons. Using examples is pointless. It is like asking someone what should happen to the person that broke into and vandalized their house. Most would say they would love to beat the crap out of them and have them in jail for 30 years. But I think that on reflection that would seem rather harsh.

Nobody says to coddle them (at least folks I know.)
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

How about this for a solution?

In civil trials the standard is usually a preponderance of the evidence for conviction. In criminal cases it's always beyond a reasonable doubt for conviction, correct?

Let's add an additional standard to the most heinous crimes, "100% certain, absolutely no doubt" by the judge and jury. This would be proved in court by all avenues available, detailed accurate confessions, DNA, finger prints, intent, motive, witness's, etc. etc.

Anyone found guilty of "absolutely no doubt" would be denied all appeals and sentence would be immediately carried out.

There are many such cases prosecuted today that would fall into this category. Think of all the tax payer money that would save, not to mention swift justice for the friends and family of the victim.

Also, in this special type of conviction minor court procedural error would not apply.

The convicted animal would be judged just that, an animal, and treated as such and swiftly and inhumanely executed.

Next November, vote "YES" for Dennis1209 for U.S. Henchman for Animal Control.

Disclaimer: Paid for by the committee to elect Dennis1209 U.S. Head Henchman for Animal Control
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    "severe depression has contributed to his inability to limit how much he eats"
    How is over-eating an issue? He's in prison... did they get an "all you can eat buffet"? -.-
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    How is over-eating an issue? He's in prison... did they get an "all you can eat buffet"? -.-
    They arent regular citizens so Bloomberg hasnt banned big gulps. Remember, its the good guys who lose their rights.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links