Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed?

This is a discussion on Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He's worried about pain and suffering. I wonder if he thinks about the pain and suffering he caused to his victim and their family... Ohio ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed?

Bad: Murderer Too Fat to be Executed?

He's worried about pain and suffering. I wonder if he thinks about the pain and suffering he caused to his victim and their family...

Ohio death row inmate makes case that he's too obese for execution | Fox News
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Who's feeding this pig that much while he's in prison?

Let's see, he shot his victims. Given his mass, I'd say penetration is the key... A .50 cal outta do the job?
    mano3, msgt/ret, nedrgr21 and 4 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Committed the murder in 1988! He's already lived too long! Forget about the veins and the gurney, roll him in on the floor or better yet, fry him in his own fat! It's the same old crap, the victim's rights mean nothing, we'd be violating the poor criminal's rights by making him suffer. He doesn't need a gastric bypass, a rope around his neck will do the same thing.
    joker1, Spirit51, ccman and 3 others like this.

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Who's feeding this pig that much while he's in prison?Let's see, he shot his victims. Given his mass, I'd say penetration is the key... A .50 cal outta do the job?
    While I totally agree with your suggestion, I'd rather he be subjected to a smaller caliber with multiple shots being required.. I'm thinking a S&W M&P1522 x 2 mags would make payment for the 30 years the public had to feed and house his sorry butt.
    ccman likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A condemned Ohio inmate who weighs at least 480 pounds wants his upcoming execution delayed, saying his weight could lead to a "torturous and lingering death."
    His "torturous and lingering death" isn't of concern to us but we are going to need a forklift to get him off the table and into the ground.

Amazes me how long it takes to execute someone. We supported the killer for over 20 years. What did this cost tax payers?

When the verdict is rendered the execution should happen within a day. I like the idea of when the Judge slams down his gavel on the desk the trap doors open and he falls into the lion pit. (shown on HBO)
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    ^^
    That's all well and good unless you happen to be one of those it turns out years later were innocent to begin with. There's a reason for the process, as lengthy and abused at times as it is.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Who's feeding this pig that much while he's in prison?

Let's see, he shot his victims. Given his mass, I'd say penetration is the key... A .50 cal outta do the job?
    .50 cal would be to expensive, I'm liking the .22 lr option.
    DontTreadOnI and ccman like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Getting fat = "get out of death" card...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

I find it strange that a guy in prison has sustained a weight of almost 500lbs. Did nobody raise their hand and suggest a salad? Even with a 100% sedentary lifestyle, if you simply take in less than 9,300 calories / day, you will probably lose a little weight. On the other hand, I bet he isnt worried about blood pressure or cholesterol
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    ^^
    That's all well and good unless you happen to be one of those it turns out years later were innocent to begin with. There's a reason for the process, as lengthy and abused at times as it is.
    this

and there are some good questions. How the hell DID he get so fat? Has his final meal been going on for the past decade?

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    ^^
    In some cases this is true. Sometimes there is no doubt the accused did it and maybe even admitted to doing it and we still allow them to live on. I understand the appeal process but I think we need to reign in the abuse of the system.
    atctimmy, mano3, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Starve him to death.
    ccman likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    There are a lot of things wrong with this. Almost 25 years between the murders and the execution? I'm all for an appeals process, but should it really take a quarter of a century for justice to be administered? I'm thinking 5-10 years, maximum, which still sounds like a long time to wait. But, I do think appealing a potentially wrong decision is a good thing. I'd hate to have no way out if I were wrongfully sentenced to death for something I didn't do.

And then there's this guy's weight issue. How in the world do you gain or maintain a 400-500 pound frame in 25 years of sitting on death row? I can't think of a medical condition that would cause you to gain that much weight on 1,000 to 2,000 calories a day, which should be the maximum for prisoners. That's far more than a lot of innocent people throughout the world get every day. I can understand having a hard time losing weight if you have a medical condition that keeps you from getting around, but there's no way he can get that much weight unless he was ingesting excessive amounts of calories and fat every day.

As far as the execution goes, if he's too large to put to death according to the standard, they should change the standard to accommodate for his non-standard size. A shotgun blast to the head will definitely do the trick. They can even put him to sleep first. Seriously though, if he has his sentenced delayed further because of his weight, then what will happen? Will he be forced to lose weight? I doubt they can do that, especially since the article said he was already trying to no success. It might also take a year or two for him to lose enough weight to be outside the "potential torture" threshold, if he were able to start losing it. But where is the incentive for him to do it if he's not forced? Also, what is stopping others from trying to gain as much weight as possible to be put in the same position? Another guy got his sentenced changed to life in prison because he was too fat? This stuff is just getting ridiculous.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links