Good?: Bar/gun range. gun range/bar? - Page 3

Good?: Bar/gun range. gun range/bar?

This is a discussion on Good?: Bar/gun range. gun range/bar? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by tricolordad What about making all guests sign a liability waiver. Im going to a place next wednesday thats got a trap range ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Good?: Bar/gun range. gun range/bar?

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    What about making all guests sign a liability waiver. Im going to a place next wednesday thats got a trap range and then dinner at a bar & grill. Shoot first, eat later i believe. Their website has the liability waiver form for download.
    So you'll be signing a waiver and putting yourself in a position to shoot with people who have been drinking? Just curious, since you seem to be unsure of the order of which things will be going. Also, if no drinking is happening beforehand, why the need for a liability waiver?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    What exactly is the age of the "party age group" you speak of? Just curious since people of all ages party more than they probably should..
    Im refering mostly to the college kids who bring their arm candy to the range. That couple where he appears to have no clue (or care) about firearms safety while she (at no fault of her own) hasnt the slightest clue about guns. Usualye hes the preppy type while shes in a short dress and high heels.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

When I was still living in the NW I had a group that I went deer hunting with. We had a rule that you could only bring a guest if the group got to meet them before the camping trip.

One of the guys showed up one year at our camp with three guys we had never met. Since we were deep in the mountains and it was late when they showed up, we didn’t have much of a choice but to go ahead allow them in the camp.

After a great campfire dinner they broke out whiskey and started drinking. We protested this verbally since we had a standing rule of no drinking and guns. They ignored us and continued drinking. After about an hour of drinking they decided to show off the pistols they had on under their jackets.Next was quick draw shooting!

I never hunted with that group again.

Do alcohol and guns go together? For me…No. I enjoy a cold beer when I’m out camping or at a BBQ. But I don’t like to be impaired and use or handle guns.

I don’t like the idea that we can’t do a certain thing because it might make a bad impression or give someone the wrong idea. If we cave into that, then the anti-gun people have already won. Just because some idiot shoots a bunch of people in a theatre doesn’t mean that I’m not a responsible person!

Does every Bar you see have a parking lot? Ever ask yourself why? Isn’t drinking and driving a crime and just plain stupid? We live in a society where it is up to the individual to act responsibly. That doesn’t mean they do or will. Anyone can become impaired and go to a gun range just as any Doctor can become impaired and walk into surgery whether there is a bar across the hall or across town.

Fact: People do stupid things…regardless of warning labels and gun zones. And if I want to got to the range and punch paper then go to the lounge and pickle my liver I thank god I live in a country where I have the freedom to do so. I’m a law abiding citizen and I am smart enough and responsible enough to secure my weapons and have a designated driver.

I spent a majority of my life willing to die for freedom. I don’t want a government that thinksfor me.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Im refering mostly to the college kids who bring their arm candy to the range. That couple where he appears to have no clue (or care) about firearms safety while she (at no fault of her own) hasnt the slightest clue about guns. Usualye hes the preppy type while shes in a short dress and high heels.
    If the arm candy/ gf is at the gun range but hasn't the slightest clue about guns, why is that no fault of hers? If she is coming to the gun range, shouldn't it be her responsibility to have a clue about guns, gun safety, etc without relying on her clueless b/f to handle all of that type of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by awanatech View Post
    If the arm candy/ gf is at the gun range but hasn't the slightest clue about guns, why is that no fault of hers? If she is coming to the gun range, shouldn't it be her responsibility to have a clue about guns, gun safety, etc without relying on her clueless b/f to handle all of that type of stuff?
    Good point but if you are ignorant of something does that mean you will automaticaly know someone who appears to have knowledge is actualy just as ignorant? For some a gamer or airsoft weekend warrior may appear to actualy have knowledge on guns. My wife used to think that of me before we started going to the range then got our permits. My partner still thinks that of me but her "knowledge" of anything is questionable. Ill be the first to admit I am still a novice on anything gun related. I may be honest but it goes without saying most guys will stop at nothing to impress a girl.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Read the article! Once you go to the bar, you are not allowed back on the range.

Meet your friends at the club, shoot some targets, move to the bar for a cold one and bull session, go home. What's the problem? Sounds like a good outing to me.

Alcohol for me is a non issue. I quit drinking when I started carrying 5yrs ago.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    What are Georgias laws on alcohol consumption and carrying? Anyone? Bueller?
    In Georgia, the drinking/carrying law is the same as drinking/driving. It doesn't say you can't drink and carry, but instead you can't have a BAC of .08% or higher. Of course, it's better to not drink at all if you're going to be doing either. Usually, though, when I'm just at home, I'll have a beer and not worry about it. Any more than that and I'll put my gun away.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Meet your friends at the club, shoot some targets, move to the bar for a cold one and bull session, go home. What's the problem? Sounds like a good outing to me.

Alcohol for me is a non issue. I quit drinking when I started carrying 5yrs ago.
    I agree with this post. I think something they could do that would help to avoid any issues is impose a strict one or two drinks limit. That way people truly can sit for a cold one (or two) with their buddies before they head home (it does indeed sound like a good outing!). With there being a drink limit you can avoid anybody getting unruly from drinking too much, and avoid any problems with those unruly folk getting back to the range or doing something stupid once they left. It would keep it gentlemanly, I would think.

Alcohol is also a non-issue for me. I didn't quit drinking, but since I've been carrying I rarely drink. I'm about to enjoy a nice cold brew right now - but it's 9 o'clock and I'm going to bed as soon as I finish this bottle. This is the norm for me.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links