Good?: Bar/gun range. gun range/bar?

This is a discussion on Good?: Bar/gun range. gun range/bar? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Georgia indoor gun range given liquor license; opening lounge for customers | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News Interesting story. Fancy indoor gun range with a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Good?: Bar/gun range. gun range/bar?

Georgia indoor gun range given liquor license; opening lounge for customers | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

Interesting story. Fancy indoor gun range with a bar? Might make alot of money-
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

I know nothing of running a range but I'd assume they would need to carry some sort of insurance. I'd also venture to assume their rate would be quite high.

I personally don't believe alcohol/drugs and guns should be mixed..

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Absurd. Liquor and guns don't mix.
    RemMod597 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    Absurd. Liquor and guns don't mix.
    I guess you've never been to a deer camp.
    tricolordad and tclance like this.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Interesting. Don't know if I would go to a place like that but it is still interesting. It might make a lot of money with that gig.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Would depend if the alcohol consumed was before or after shooting. I would say that drinking alcohol before popping off some rounds would not be a good idea. Even though I bet a few folks have tried it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

not sure about alcohol but I've often wondered how a decent coffee/pastry shop would do in or next to a range or gun shop.

Because dumb boyfreinds with little knowledge on guns or safety who bring their ditzy girlfreinds to the range and sweep everyone with loaded guns isnt enough? Now lets get them all drunk since most of the ones I mentioned are in that partying age group.

The range I am loyal to has a resturaunt with great food. That was an awesome idea. This? Insane.

What are Georgias laws on alcohol consumption and carrying? Anyone? Bueller?
    rammerjammer and RemMod597 like this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I would hope they have a very strict protocol regarding the order in which their services are allowed to be utilized. Furthermore, I would be surprised if they could even obtain liability insurance under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    not sure about alcohol but I've often wondered how a decent coffee/pastry shop would do in or next to a range or gun shop.
    We have one in our range. Its like a Panera Bread or McCallisters but cheaper. Great food to. Its pretty popular. On weekends the range has a date night so for under $40 you get a lane for two, firearm rental, two targets and ammo as well as a meal for two. That place is just as busy as any nice resturant come date nights
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

VIP Member
    So is Hart right to worry about patrons ordering a double, then firing off their double-barreled shotgun? Not so fast.

There's a bit of relief for those opposed to the idea and a potential letdown for anyone planning to put a new spin on the shot glass.

Brown sent WSB-TV a statement clarifying that once someone has ordered a drink in the lounge, they will not be permitted to enter the firing range:

"Customers will have to order a drink with their identification card and once the card is accepted, and flagged, they cannot be checked back into the range that day," the statement reads.
    May just be me but I think that covers it pretty well.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Use to live in Georgia. You learn to duck every time you hear: "Hey y'all watch this!"
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I know nothing of running a range but I'd assume they would need to carry some sort of insurance. I'd also venture to assume their rate would be quite high.

I personally don't believe alcohol/drugs and guns should be mixed..

Sent from my palm device
    No, never mix guns and alcohol. The alcohol removes the gun oil.
    Ionracas likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    May just be me but I think that covers it pretty well.
    True. I hope I dont sound like an anti but dosnt it still send kind of a poor message? Dont get me wrong, I like a cold beer now and then. But if I plan to drink, I leave the gun at home.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

The range I go to has a clubhouse with a bar. They serve only beer. There never seems to be a problem with intoxicated shooters. Common sense needs to be used with everything. The bar is only open to people who have already shot. They cannot shoot after they drink.
    OldVet likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links