Bad...Can a "child" really be dangerous? - Page 2

Bad...Can a "child" really be dangerous?

This is a discussion on Bad...Can a "child" really be dangerous? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Evil takes many forms. Kill them. Kill them now and never look back....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Bad...Can a "child" really be dangerous?

  1. #16
    Senior Member Array Caertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1,096
    Evil takes many forms. Kill them. Kill them now and never look back.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    I have seen so many people and many who you can see what they are by the look in their eyes. Some are very kind and sweet...it beams from their eyes. There are those who do horrible things and then sober up and you can see the pain and torture they will live with. Then there is the ones with dark, dead eyes even though they are alive. Like a shark's eyes. Those are the scary ones. You can actually see the evil in them.
    Last edited by Spirit51; September 23rd, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  3. #18
    Senior Member Array mano3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Like a shark's eyes. Those are the scary ones. You can actually see the evil in them.
    Good way to put it... I know exactly what you mean.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

  4. #19
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,514
    The downfall of today's society is from the lack of woodsheds and the use thereof. The world just needs a good whoopin'.
    Spidey2011 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The downfall of today's society is from the lack of woodsheds and the use thereof. The world just needs a good whoopin'.
    Interesting, but you have to realize that there are those that a "good whoopin'" means nothing. Their evil is part of them. Nothing, outside of death, will change them.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array blitzburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    You hear and read about these kids doing heinous acts now and then when the media decides they want to report it, IMO.

    What really surprises me... Is watching programs like "Beyond Scared Straight", "Hard Time" and "Lock Up" on channels like MSNBC and Discovery channel. The jails are chocked full of juveniles who are gang-bangers, mentally defective, self mutilators, killers, rapists, home invaders, strong arm robbers, drug addicts etc.

    When I was a kid I know for a fact it wasn't this bad. Then again, most every kid came from a two parent family and knew better than to try drugs or test the parents authority. Two thirds of everyone I knew went to church on Sunday. Most everyone I associated with had manners and addressed elders with, yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am.

    With things progressing as bad as it is today, what will tomorrow bring?
    More killings, rapings, robberies, etc.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,556
    You know what freaks me out? That there are people who sat next to these two boys, enjoying their pizza, clueless about what they had just done... Makes me wonder not if, but how often I've sat next to cold blooded murderers.

  8. #23
    Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    So. Central PA
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    A hatchet and a hammer...and she was one of their great grandmothers. Incredibly disturbing.

    I agree - I would use deadly force if necessary. But if they didn't have a gun, I'm sure I'd try a butt whooping first.
    Come at me with an axe and a hammer and I'm going to start shooting. One lucky blow with that axe and it's just a matter of time ...

    Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

  9. #24
    VIP Member Array JDE101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,588
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The downfall of today's society is from the lack of woodsheds and the use thereof. The world just needs a good whoopin'.
    Gotta agree with this! When I was a kid, kids showed respect to teachers, parents, and all adults. Yes sir, no sir, yes mam, no mam, was the NORM! I you screwed up in school, you got your butt spanked by one of the coaches with a big, oak paddle! And if your parents found out you had gotten in trouble at school, you got your butt beat again at home! The "downfall" of society began with the namby-pamby child rearing theories of Dr Spock at his ilk back in the mid-late 60s. Now, kids don't respect authority, their elders, teachers, etc.

    I'd replied back to that other post that you are just as dead if you are shot by an 8 year old or an 80 year old, and I would NOT hesitate to shoot if I felt my life or the life of a loved one was in danger, regardless of the age of the "punk" with the gun! And I agree that some people are just plain EVIL and should be removed from society--permanently!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

  10. #25
    Senior Member Array SFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    757
    I work in the local school disctrict.

    There are some people just born bad. There are some that become bad by being with the wrong people. There are others that make bad choices due to trying drugs/alcohol.

    Others have trouble overcoming the terrible family life they start out in. Some never make it out of the cycle of problems they were born into.

    The kids born bad, are never going to be good. In the end, the degree of bad is what matters. Trust me, there are degree of violence within the people that are born bad. Thankfully the number of kids born as sociopaths is small.

    The kids that are corrupted and become numb to life are almost as bad as the born sociopaths. They are capable of some truly depraved actions as well. What's amazing is how the parents will justify the horrific actions of the kids they failed. They created a sinking ship and toss their kids over the side. Those kids are only kept from drowning by a rope tied to them as long as they can keep receiving a welfare check for the kid.

    The number of kids that come from broken families causing problems is a rising number.

  11. #26
    Member Array finnman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    36
    If he's armed with a baseball bat or club type device, then I would give a hard kick to push him away and then spank him a few times after I control him, but if its a knife or gun, he's going to the hospital or graveyard.

  12. #27
    Member Array SL1ckOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    89
    Not being a internet know-it-all. But I know a teenager like this personally. The system won't do anything about it. If the parent spanks the kid, CPS just shows up and presses charges. Law Enforcements hands are tied because he or she is a juvenile and most if not all juvenile centers are already double booked. But even so CPS, the ones that are supposed to do something about it...They make no connection that the reason the bad apple has a welt from his mother is because he tried molest his own sister. Instead of sending the kid to juvie, He gets more 'counseling' regarding feelings he will never have. It's all a joke. Even if the 'subject' draws blood you are still open to prosecution for child abuse if you intervene. (friend of my family) Utter and complete nonsense. We have a right to protect ourselves from these future felons. Today it's skinning the neighbors cat, tomorrow it could be your life. Just be aware that times have changed. The term 'bad guy' knows no gender/age. Stay alert and stay alive.

  13. #28
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    A hatchet and a hammer...and she was one of their great grandmothers. Incredibly disturbing.

    I agree - I would use deadly force if necessary. But if they didn't have a gun, I'm sure I'd try a butt whooping first.
    It sounds like the butt whooping's should have started 8-10 years ago.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  14. #29
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,665
    Spirit asked, " can a 'child' really be dangerous." Obviously the answer is yes.

    That said, many folks have responded to a slightly different issue-- can a child act out of "evil" (a religious construct),
    or out of sheer malice. I have no doubt many do act out of sheer malice, and I will remain content to leave defining the source of the malice to others.

    Now, back to the question about "dangerous." A child can be dangerous not because they are "evil" or acting from malice,
    but because they are immature and incapable of fully appreciating the consequences of what they are doing. Many
    very violent early teens fall in this category to some degree. They know violence is wrong, but don't know
    the full reality of consequences from tossing someone off a roof top. Their brains still evaluate things as they happen in
    the cartoon world-- finality isn't in the picture for them.

    The age and maturity and the IQ of the child all have to be factored in to assess whether a dangerous act was motivated from malice and whether or not the child had any intellectual understanding of the consequences of a dangerous act.

    The old saying, "kids do the darndest things applies."

    Let's not confuse a dangerous act with an act of malice. The end result might be the same but the "guilt" and the punishment
    which should apply must be different.

    BTW, there are plenty of folks who are dangerous who are non-violent. They don't act out physically, but they
    inflict emotional and financial harm while knowing full well that they are harming others. Verbal bullies or nowadays
    internet bullies fall in this category.

    Similarly the non-violent dangerous are the bosses who
    maliciously keep their employees constantly fearful about their jobs; they are the clerks who make off with money while
    cooking the books to hide what they are doing. These are dangerous people too; they have merely substituted
    non-violent techniques for violent ones.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  15. #30
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Spirit asked, " can a 'child' really be dangerous." Obviously the answer is yes.

    That said, many folks have responded to a slightly different issue-- can a child act out of "evil" (a religious construct),
    or out of sheer malice. I have no doubt many do act out of sheer malice, and I will remain content to leave defining the source of the malice to others.

    Now, back to the question about "dangerous." A child can be dangerous not because they are "evil" or acting from malice,
    but because they are immature and incapable of fully appreciating the consequences of what they are doing. Many
    very violent early teens fall in this category to some degree. They know violence is wrong, but don't know
    the full reality of consequences from tossing someone off a roof top. Their brains still evaluate things as they happen in
    the cartoon world-- finality isn't in the picture for them.

    The age and maturity and the IQ of the child all have to be factored in to assess whether a dangerous act was motivated from malice and whether or not the child had any intellectual understanding of the consequences of a dangerous act.

    The old saying, "kids do the darndest things applies."

    Let's not confuse a dangerous act with an act of malice. The end result might be the same but the "guilt" and the punishment
    which should apply must be different.

    BTW, there are plenty of folks who are dangerous who are non-violent. They don't act out physically, but they
    inflict emotional and financial harm while knowing full well that they are harming others. Verbal bullies or nowadays
    internet bullies fall in this category.

    Similarly the non-violent dangerous are the bosses who
    maliciously keep their employees constantly fearful about their jobs; they are the clerks who make off with money while
    cooking the books to hide what they are doing. These are dangerous people too; they have merely substituted
    non-violent techniques for violent ones.
    Let me guess, you worked with kids in a public school setting....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

non-violent dangerous employees

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors