Bad...Can a "child" really be dangerous?

This is a discussion on Bad...Can a "child" really be dangerous? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Harryball Let me guess, you worked with kids in a public school setting.... NEVER-- And though I raised a kid to almost ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Bad...Can a "child" really be dangerous?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Let me guess, you worked with kids in a public school setting....
    NEVER-- And though I raised a kid to almost middle age (and am still "raising him"-- being a parent is a life sentemce) I can't stand the little monsters.

The "cute" wears off pretty fast after about age 5.
    Harryball likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    The "downfall" of society began with the namby-pamby child rearing theories of Dr Spock at his ilk back in the mid-late 60s. Now, kids don't respect authority, their elders, teachers, etc.
    Could be but the other thing that happened around that time was the rise of "no parent family" . Personally I'm more inclined to blame absent parents than a lack of adequate violence.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Let me guess, you worked with kids in a public school setting....
    What does the place a person received a lesson in life matter?

A thoughtful response is a thoughtful response.

I've seen some terrible kids in a school setting. Hopyard explains how he sees the "degrees of bad" that I merely mentioned.

I have to agree with him in that many kids tend to do stupid things. The degree of wrong in many actions varies from person to person, and here I agree with Hopyard to a great extent, that their youth has not been tempered with wisdom and experience.

Even though I've seen many bad things, at the end of the day I still see far more good being done than bad. Don't ever think that I believe the future is lost. In the end good will beat the darkness if good people merely stand up and do the right thing. Which, may mean shooting a child if the circumstances require it. It's like any other scenario we go through. When the time comes, we have to make a judgement call and live with the actions we take.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links