Good: I got all the money you need in my pocket

This is a discussion on Good: I got all the money you need in my pocket within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ... so the bad guy puts down the gun and tries to get the money... victim goes for the gun... Here's the Story...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 2 Post By Freedom Doc
  • 1 Post By nedrgr21
  • 1 Post By Glhadiator

Thread: Good: I got all the money you need in my pocket

... so the bad guy puts down the gun and tries to get the money... victim goes for the gun...

Here's the Story
    ArmyMan and beararms like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Driveway robbery?
    A good reason to be armed when you are out and about, and watchful when you come home.
    But bravo to this guy for thinking and acting fast...
    ArmyMan and Lish like this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Good for him. Wonder how long it's gonna take for his "buddy" to come back - and if he's gonna beat the snot out of him for leaving him high and dry.
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Good for him. Wonder how long it's gonna take for his "buddy" to come back - and if he's gonna beat the snot out of him for leaving him high and dry.
    Friends are supposed to have your back... but it said roommate... coulda been a girl or a guy..
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I'm going for help, I'll be right back homey
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He kept thinking and took advantage when the opportunity presented itself. Another example of turning around the attack.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

This is exactly why even before I had my permit I never left my gun at home. In Fl we can have it in our vehicle without a permit and I always brought it with me - used to tell my husband I didn't want to come home to trouble and have it in the safe in the house. Good for this guy for taking advantage of the situation!

He saw his open and didn't hesitate. It saved his life. A lesson for everyone. You may only get that one opening.
    beararms likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

I like the part of the story where the dirtbag really uses his head...for collecting 'lead'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    That worked out well.

I'd be looking for a new roommate right now though if I were him.

"The resident said his roommate ran, leaving him alone with the men."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

ummmm.....the guy who took the gun and shot the bad guy seized an opportunity. So did his roommate. If my son, wife, daughter, roommate, friend are with me in that situation and have a chance to run away to safety, I EXPECT THEM TO RUN!!!! This isn't the movies. To steal a phrase "the best gunfight is the one you avoid"

Administrator
    Well, that's one of two possible ways of looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    ummmm.....the guy who took the gun and shot the bad guy seized an opportunity. So did his roommate. If my son, wife, daughter, roommate, friend are with me in that situation and have a chance to run away to safety, I EXPECT THEM TO RUN!!!! This isn't the movies. To steal a phrase "the best gunfight is the one you avoid"
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

It must have been a good feeling to unload the ammo that was meant for him.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Sponsored Links