hmmm? waited too long, maybe?

This is a discussion on hmmm? waited too long, maybe? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man drew and fired his weapon after being beaten... We don't know all the details... maybe it was a "consensual" fight... maybe the gunman was ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By owgem

Thread: hmmm? waited too long, maybe?

Man drew and fired his weapon after being beaten... We don't know all the details... maybe it was a "consensual" fight... maybe the gunman was the aggressor... we don't know. We do know that he stopped the fight.. that he lost his gun to bystanders after he passed out... We know that the shooter had a permit to carry...

Waiting for more details to show up... here's the story

Some more detail

Maybe this story is true
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Interesting. Hope to see what the outcome is. I feel we should be able to defend ourselves against a beating; one punch can end a life just as quickly as a bullet or knife. But a gun is not the answer to a self-inflicted brawl either.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

The third link seems to have the most details and also seems to provide justification for the shooting. The victim was attempting to leave the scene and was attacked by the other two men. He fired in self-defense. But there are really so few details to go on and even the police don't know what happened.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I've always taken exception to the concept of 'just a fist fight' as it implies a certain mentality of one is likely to go get into fights, which I am not.

From what little is available, it appears in this case that a guy was accosted by a group, which may bring disparity of force into play.

Once the investigation is concluded maybe THEN I can pass my own educated judgement. This story(all three of 'em) so far is all over the place ........

I agree if the third story is 'true' then it appears justified. Just too early to tell what's what.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Nothing good happens at 2 AM.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Sponsored Links