Local QuickStop Gas Station Robbery Thwarted

This is a discussion on Local QuickStop Gas Station Robbery Thwarted within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Really glad that another Mom & Pop merchant didn't wind up dead or maimed. Good for them. EDIT: *** is a " skunk ape "?!?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local QuickStop Gas Station Robbery Thwarted

Really glad that another Mom & Pop merchant didn't wind up dead or maimed. Good for them.

EDIT: *** is a "skunk ape"?!?
    "A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims." - Ayn Rand, The Nature of Government, 1964

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    He may have been a little crazy for chasing them around the corner but it's earned him a rep in the area sending a message to others that "You don't mess with Bruce, he ain't scared and will chase you down."....
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Above the handle of the door is a sign: "Pull."
    The deficiencies of our modern educational system woked for the good guys!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

TatooWings,

A skunk ape is also known as Bigfoot, Yetti, or Sasquatch(Indian Name?). It is a large hairy ape like creature, and the Seminoles and a lot of old timers who lived down in the Everglades years ago swear they exist. I met a couple of old timers when I was a kid who swear they have seen one, but whether they exist or not, ExSoldier should probably get a big gun. Just in case.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Good on ya ArmyCop! I'm sure they're glad they listened. Now maybe they should see the light on owning more than one! Glad they came out OK and another group of misguided, socially deprived, misunderstood scumbags will be out of circulation for a while.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    TatooWings,

A skunk ape is also known as Bigfoot, Yetti, or Sasquatch(Indian Name?). It is a large hairy ape like creature, and the Seminoles and a lot of old timers who lived down in the Everglades years ago swear they exist. I met a couple of old timers when I was a kid who swear they have seen one, but whether they exist or not, ExSoldier should probably get a big gun. Just in case.

Well, I hope they exist, because we definately need more sightings by next-generation old timers, so that kids sitting around camp fires can hear about them for generations to come!
    That is just too cool!

...and if they do exist, could they possibly be a bigger threat than, say, would-be convenience store strong-arm robbers? Maybe skunk apes are vegans and subsist on blackberries and tofu.

EDIT:
    I think everyone should get a "Buick Killer" on general principles, anyway!
    Last edited by TattooWings; October 1st, 2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: sticking to thread about getting larger, second, backup weapon.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    There should be a "free loaner weapon" program for people like this who have to surrender their weapon for an investigation.
    Agreed.
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Just checked on Bruce and noticed his counter looking a little sparse & when I mentioned it he said he's getting prepared to install some kind of protective cover in front of the counter.
    I know I've seen some kind of bullet resistant see thru material on TV before but can't think of the name of it or where to tell him to call. Anyone here know what it's called or have a link to it???

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    He chased them?
    Is he a total idiot?
    If he had fired and hit one during the chase bad Mojo to come.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Not on TV....but.....

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Just checked on Bruce and noticed his counter looking a little sparse & when I mentioned it he said he's getting prepared to install some kind of protective cover in front of the counter.
    I know I've seen some kind of bullet resistant see thru material on TV before but can't think of the name of it or where to tell him to call. Anyone here know what it's called or have a link to it???
    There's THIS stuff. I'm researching it for use in building our retirement home for front exposed glass and maybe skylights.

http://www.lascointl.com/index.htm
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Considering it...seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    TatooWings,

ExSoldier is considering the matter seriously. I was born and raised in this area and I have done a LOT of research on the SKUNK APE aka KEROBI as the Tequesta Indians called him. He was last really heard from in the 1970's when "something" came out of the deep swamp near Cooperstown and collapsed a shed on the town drunk, then proceeded to rip the heads off two horses in a paddock and severely injure a steer in a pasture. It was a feature story on WPLG Local news. They even hired a professional seminole tracker and some hunter types....as a lark...but when they actually found some kind of LAIR deep in the 'Glades with an AWFUL SMELL ATTACHED....things got a little bit too real and the story got killed. The old drunk survived, unlike his animals. Figure it might impact tourism in the Glades....But folks in Texas seem to take the critter seriously: http://www.texasbigfoot.com/

Seems that in the mountains these critters are placid and herbevores. But elsewhere, they have a decidedly nastier temper. There have been some verified attacks in northern Claifornia over the decades. Heck Teddy Roosevelt had a run in with one on a hunting trip out west. The Florida variety seems to be more in the omnivorous type and he's not too nice, either. I guess if you smelled yourself all the time and stunk like that, you'd be mean, too. I have to admit, over the decades growing up and hunting this area as well as training here when I was in the FLARNG in the 80's...I've heard some seriously bone chilling noises in the dark...deep...Everglades....

My family and I sometimes drive over to the west coast across the Glades and wind up returning at night. Of course, I'm always armed on these excurions, usually with a 45...but it might be better if I HAD that B-I-G 460 S&W.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Thanks Ex. I emailed for information from that company to pass on to my friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links