Bad : Robbed at Gunpoint in His Own Home.

This is a discussion on Bad : Robbed at Gunpoint in His Own Home. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why do people not learn that we are being assaulted on every side by drug addicted individuals. It may come to the point that being ...

Thread: Bad : Robbed at Gunpoint in His Own Home.

Why do people not learn that we are being assaulted on every side by drug addicted individuals. It may come to the point that being a Good Samaritan may go extinct if things like this keep happening.

This poor man let his guard down and the thief took advantage of his charity.

I would not have been so chariable, sad to say. First, never, ever open the door. That gives the thieves opportunity. If they are that desperate, we have authorities that can deal with those who are in trouble and they are just a 9 1 1 phone call away.

Man Robbed at Gunpoint in Own Home
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Love the quotes from the victim...

The BG turned his back... "I had a fifth of brandy there and could have clobbered him with it, but it might have killed him and I didn't want that" ( or maybe...but I didn't want to waste the brandy.)

He needs to find a new line of work "he's inept as a robber."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Recently in Orlando a woman knocked on another woman's door saying her car was broken down and she needed jumper cables. When the homeowner opened the door for the woman 3 masked men barged in and tied her up, robbed her. winter garden home invasion: Orange County deputies are investigating a Winter Garden home invasion. - Orlando Sentinel I hate refusing someone that needs help, but in this day and age you can't trust anone.

I feel like the homeowner was lucky. He shouldn't have ever opened the door. And the man's heart is in the right place. I wish I was the same. I have myself and a family here, and if someone gets in my house with a gun I won't hesitate to fight back. I hope and pray to never be in any similar situation, but I will defend myself and family with extreme aggressiveness.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The older generation still has difficulty grasping that things have changed. My dad rarely locked his doors. Fortunately, he lived in a remote area with little crime, realized he should avoid certain "areas" but until he died thought kids in school duked it out behind the gyn after school to settle matters.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Did anyone else get the feeling that the victim actually felt sorry for the bad guy being a bad guy, or was it just me?
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

For a couple hundred bucks you can get a front and back security camera, speaker system.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

I agree, it's sad that we have to be so guarded today. But it's either be on guard or put yourself and/or your family at risk. That's simply the reality of the world we live in.

When I described my method of home security (Locks, lights, cameras, dog and guns) to a freind of mine she replied, "The world is already a bad place, don't you think you're just making it worse?" Choosing to protect myself doesn't make the world a bad place, it is a reaction to what our society is and has become. I just don't understand how anyone can think that choosing to protect yourself and your family is negative.

Wishing the world is a better place doesn't make it so. I would rather be judged as paranoid and over-protective than pronounced dead.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Watched a video recently on YouTube featuring Massaad Ayoob (sp?) Dealing with this very scenario. If someone bangs on your door needing help: Yell through the door, do not open it, advising them that you are getting them help by dialing 911 for the authorities. I think that's a pretty good deterrent for any would be BGs. Well, that and, arm yourself.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
    Watched a video recently on YouTube featuring Massaad Ayoob (sp?) Dealing with this very scenario. If someone bangs on your door needing help: Yell through the door, do not open it, advising them that you are getting them help by dialing 911 for the authorities. I think that's a pretty good deterrent for any would be BGs. Well, that and, arm yourself.
    ^^^^^this^^^^

We have become a society that is being preyed upon by wolves with no morals, no conscience, and only think about themselves and self gratification. Telling potential Mr. Bad Guy the Authorities are coming via 911 will get most of them to flee before they arrive. Unless they are determined to get into your house while you are at the locked door, then nothing, not even calling 911 will be a deterrent, unless you have a 1911 in your hand.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links