BAD: Right in my own backyard too.

This is a discussion on BAD: Right in my own backyard too. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 'Several' dead after shooting at Bryn Mawr neighborhood business | kare11.com What Im wondering about is if it was one man in particular who did ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marinevet1994

Thread: BAD: Right in my own backyard too.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar

BAD: Right in my own backyard too.

'Several' dead after shooting at Bryn Mawr neighborhood business | kare11.com

What Im wondering about is if it was one man in particular who did this. He came into my work about a week and half ago trying to buy an AR with no permit. When I tried to salvage the sale buy talking to to the guy about a mini14 and asking what he was using it for (i.e. Home defense/target) he said, quite creepily, "Hunting humans." Shut down the sale right then and there. Talked to my managers about it too, and asked if I should get other gun stops on the phone and warn them.

2. Remove Ads

Sad situation... If it was him, you can rest easier knowing you refused his money.

So many workplaces don't allow a person to even defend themselves (especially not with a gun), it can be hard to stay safe for nearly 1/3 of your life... Against the crazies in the world, who have some whacked sense of your umbrage to them, and work in the same place you do.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

They come in all shapes and sizes these days. This guy in particular was a year older than my dad and even I think he's got some screws loose. This guy had a total space cadet aire to him, and I know sarcasm when I here it. Just gonna have to wait and see if it was him or not.

This is why I am disappointed the company I work for has posted a "No Weapons" sign on the doors. If some whack-job comes in shooting, all I can do is open my window and jump outside. I'm just waiting for someone to sue a company, after someone dies, for not letting employees who have a CCW carry at work and not providing any security detail to keep their workers safe.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Fortunately my boss is former military like me and allows people to carry as long as they show that it is a legally owned firearm, and that they have a current CPL.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    The company I work for has a "No Concealed Firearms" sign, and prohibits ee carry, open or CCW. Wide open for any whack job to come in and clean house.

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    This is why I am disappointed the company I work for has posted a "No Weapons" sign on the doors. If some whack-job comes in shooting, all I can do is open my window and jump outside. I'm just waiting for someone to sue a company, after someone dies, for not letting employees who have a CCW carry at work and not providing any security detail to keep their workers safe.
    I can tell ya here in sunshine state as far as most employers in large have no regards for lives or

saftey of its employess . I worked for one of the largest Tire / auto service centers in the nation as

a mananger . This company would after you worked your 12 to 15 hour daily shift make you hand

carry the nightly deposit to the bank drop . If you refused to do this you where fired on spot.

I know of more than one geting robbed and shot the company has no regards.

And oh ya they had a no weapon policy. Not a day that I worked there I WAS PACKING TO MAX

You have to decide is it worth it . For me if any had ever happened there would have been dead

bleeding punks in my parking lot or store but it would not have been me.

Way to follow your instincts OP. Whether it was him or not you did the right thing. Not something to joke about when you are buying a gun. Once got into a conversation with a hunter and he asked if I hunt and I replied yes, he asked what and I replied, "cardboard." As epic of a reply that is, I wouldn't use it when buying a gun.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

You did what you thought was right,I might have gone one further and called LEO to report his sketchy behaviour and "hunting Humans" remark.You never know he may have been legally prevented from owning a firearm so his attempt to even possess one would be a crime
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sad. Good on u OP for trusting your instincts.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Turns out it wasnt the guy I thought it was. This individual was 36 and had a "history of mental illness". More talking points for the antis to answer the question that nobody asked.

Links